PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 400EX frame paint? Touch up

pimpazzberetta
01-22-2007, 08:58 PM
First of all if you're going to say something along the lines of " go to yall mart and buy some spray paint" , please dont waste your energy. I'm looking for actual color match paint. Possibly PJ1 seems they may have one but.. im not sure PJ1 88-04 Honda ATV Silver (http://pitposse.stores.yahoo.net/pj1framepaint.html)

I've also found it at Color Rite (http://www.colorrite.com/product_info.php?products_id=219) This I know is the correct stuff but god damn $35 for a can of touch of paint.

I'd really just like to conferm that the PJ1 Honda ATV Silver is the correct stuff if possible.

Btw the fame code is y151r and the Dealer paint code is NH421M
So if anyone else has a source for the ex frame paint do share the info please. Also if you can confirm the PJ1 paint info please do so. Thank you in advance.

pimpazzberetta
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Bumping to top.. really need this info.

j450rking
01-23-2007, 09:38 PM
rockymountainatv.com i got some and it works great!

pimpazzberetta
01-23-2007, 09:40 PM
You got a part number or product name? How well did it match up?

All I see on that site is XR Silver 00-04.. is that the stuff? Some more info would be great and thank you.

kalebarellano
01-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I ordered some pj1 primer, paint, and clear coat. I am gonna sand blast and paint my whole frame with it. Heard it works well. I have also heard they match stock colors well, which doesn't matter for me cause I went with black.

Good Luck

pimpazzberetta
01-24-2007, 09:57 PM
bumping to top for needed info.

j450rking
01-25-2007, 04:39 PM
well i looked on the pj1 site and thay only have the xr paint i don't know if thats what i had b/c i used it up about 6 months ago so i don't have the part number eather sorry for the lack of info i hate when i can't give people good info:ermm: but good luck

i would just try the xr paint and see what the dif is

Les Davis
01-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I've got PJ1 "Honda Sport ATV 1998-2004 Epoxy Paint". I think I got it from Rocky Mountain ATV about a year ago. I dont think it was in there catalog but I found it online at there site. PJ1 can has a part # listed as "17-HAS8" on the back.

Spray can reads to use the following as well to achieve factory finish.

PJ1 Gray Primer - #18-PRMG
PJ1 Clear Overcoat (#17-CLR)

PJ1 can has a part # listed as 17-HAS8 on the back. I used this on my old 400ex without the primer and it was close to the frame color but not exact but that could have been from the lack of primer and clear coat being applied as well. I only used it to touch up from were my boots rubbed the frame.

BSTURDIVANT
01-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Lt slate metalic from any automotive store!

pimpazzberetta
01-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis
I've got PJ1 "Honda Sport ATV 1998-2004 Epoxy Paint". I think I got it from Rocky Mountain ATV about a year ago. I dont think it was in there catalog but I found it online at there site. PJ1 can has a part # listed as "17-HAS8" on the back.

Spray can reads to use the following as well to achieve factory finish.

PJ1 Gray Primer - #18-PRMG
PJ1 Clear Overcoat (#17-CLR)

PJ1 can has a part # listed as 17-HAS8 on the back. I used this on my old 400ex without the primer and it was close to the frame color but not exact but that could have been from the lack of primer and clear coat being applied as well. I only used it to touch up from were my boots rubbed the frame.

Thank you this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.