PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting rear pre-load

DarkStarRacing
09-25-2002, 02:51 PM
How do you do this? I know you turn the collar but are there any tricks to doing this? Like turn them both at the same time? Loosen the top on and tighten the bottom then tighten the top? I cant seem to get them to spin. There impossible to spin. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

09-25-2002, 02:54 PM
get the wieght off the rear end first,,but the easiest way is to take the rear shock off,,then it's a piece of cake..

DarkStarRacing
09-25-2002, 03:03 PM
how do u take off the rear shock? Is it real hard? Give me a basic idea on how i would go about doin it? Do u need any special tools?

330exracer122
09-25-2002, 05:10 PM
u need a lift an socket wrench not to complecated

Sandgod4
09-25-2002, 05:44 PM
Beat on it w/ the ole hammer and long crappy screwdriver in the nothces. A guy on the otherside pushing w/ another screwdriver helps it move a little faster. Takes 15 minutes or so. A little lubricant will help on the threads before you start too.

DarkStarRacing
09-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
Beat on it w/ the ole hammer and long crappy screwdriver in the nothces. A guy on the otherside pushing w/ another screwdriver helps it move a little faster. Takes 15 minutes or so. A little lubricant will help on the threads before you start too.

Well i have a spanner wrench from motion pro. It doesnt fit perfectly but its better then the screwdriver. How far down should i screw it? I weigh 230.

Sandgod4
09-25-2002, 08:05 PM
Go down about three eights to a half inch and ride it. You can never get those spanner wrench's in tight spots. They make good knuckle breakers though. :(