PDA

View Full Version : Bearings?

09-25-2002, 02:01 PM
Which bearings or bearing carrier/bearing combo would you recommend for a 400ex. Secondly is a rad racing tapered bearing carrier any good? From what I hear they're pretty good and they come with life time warrantee. Does any one have one of these deals and how do they hold up?

Thanx

09-25-2002, 02:20 PM
A tapered carrier will probably last longer, make sure to get one with a grease zerk and a lifetime warranty is good too...RPM makes a millenium carrier that will have what your lookin for..:D

bakerboyz
09-25-2002, 02:54 PM
What parts are typically needed when you replace the bearings?

Bearings. Dust seal ? ? ?

Ex'r Marlin
09-25-2002, 06:57 PM
I have a twin row bearing carrier on my 300... Have no problems with it for over 5 years now. I decided to go with the tappered bearing since it did not cost all that much more... And for the fact of the lifetime warranty.:) I have the RU tappered axle carrier in the 400... A noticeable difference over stock when you free wheel the tires/axle side by side with a well maintenanced stock 400. Plus the fact that it is easy to maintenance since the grease zerk is located outside the carrier!:) :cool: To date, no problems with my aftermarket axle carriers.