PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 4 wheels. doesn't matter!!

IronManNatalie
01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
I dont know if this is the place to put this or not but here it goes.

I am in florida now training for the upcomming season. I was at hard rock cycle park and ran into a kid that works there and rides the canadian nationals on dirt bikes. He is a real nice guy and we started hanging out a little. he has helped me by lending me his van, taking us to dinner. well thats just one example of 4 wheeler riders and dirtbike riders getting along.

The other day I told him I wanted to break out my dirt bike and go ride with him. Well when I showed up I met none other than Mike Brown. A superstar of dirtbikes. He was super nice and when I decided to be lazy and not do the proper maintenence on my bike and broke the hub off, he jumped right in and did ALL the work on it till he had it ready for me to ride. We had a great time riding and I want to say thanks to two great people!! This just proves that we are all in this together and if you dont let your head get as big as your name you realize we are all human, no matter where your talents are at!!

Pappy
01-22-2007, 04:39 PM
John, I moved this to the Open forum where everyone could get a chance to see it

Hope the wrist is all better, and I hope to see a championship in 07 right:macho

Mxjunkie
01-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Very cool! :macho

01-22-2007, 05:08 PM
dam i didnt know natalie was on here

good news man. dirtbikes are cool with me :macho

Quad18star
01-22-2007, 05:20 PM
John ... what's the Canucks name ?? Quite of few Canadians head down to Florida during the winter to practice and just get away from the damn snow !!!!:macho

Do you know if Greg Gee is riding all the Nationals or WPSA races this year ??

juanki
01-22-2007, 05:30 PM
just want to say hi.....from a fan in mexico....

to the subject...

here there is a lot of bike riding, most of them are cool with the 4 wheelers.
A team made of three guys fron the region won the baja 1000 in the class below the pros.

firefighterjosh
01-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Very cool. Wish more Dirt Bike riders were nice around my area.:(

ST87
01-22-2007, 10:50 PM
It isn't all dirt bike riders that pitch fits. In my experience i have found that most fast riders, even C class and up, dont mind the quads. I have found that the biggest majority of bike riders that pitch fits are usually the slower guys and usually seems like its the guys without numbers, and a lot of the fuss also come from the parents of the mini racers who think the quads are gonna level there little kids.

That being said, all quad riders aren't perfect either. I have seen many times quad riders that even scare me to get on the track with them. Going up the face of jump and all of sudden move left or right, not holding lines when being over taken, and just no regard to other riders. I have also seen bikes do this as well so its not just quads currupting our tracks but we do seem to get the blame for it. The series I race with here in Alabama, SEQuads, have talked about trying to get tracks to only allow quad riders with some kind of membership (ATVA, WPSA, SEQuads, etc.) to ride to try and cut back the redneck riders that show up and really give the quad riders a bad name.

I dont mind practicing with bikes but to me I dont necessarily want to practice with them any more than they want to practice with me. But theres still not enough quads in most areas to where its feesible sp* to allow a quad only practice.

Until our numbers pick up greatly we must endure the hardships that we face and rise above. lol.

firefighterjosh
01-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I agreed with you on everything but this....

Originally posted by ST87
The series I race with here in Alabama, SEQuads, have talked about trying to get tracks to only allow quad riders with some kind of membership (ATVA, WPSA, SEQuads, etc.) to ride to try and cut back the redneck riders that show up and really give the quad riders a bad name.

The only way you are going to get more riders to race is to let them practice. My friends never wanted to spend the money to race quads until i took them to practice then they noticed how much fun it is.:p Now they are Quadroholics.

01-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Hello Mr. Natalie. I know I'm looking forward to see you race. Good luck!

I know Rodney Smith (GNCC dirt biker champion) after riding a quad at one of the GNCC's said he has ALOT more respect for the quad guys.

But the fact remains - I have NEVER bad mouthed dirt bikes, or the people who ride them. In contrast, I've received a never ending rash of crap from the dirt bikers as I ride a quad.

Our ability to be one united force working for the right to ride lies squarely with the dirt bikers. I always have and always will get along with any and all dirt bikers who want to get along.

:ermm:

trick250r
01-23-2007, 07:19 AM
really IMO, the guys who complain about one or another being better are just making excuses for them not being able to ride. dont sit here and say which one you think is better, go race it out. we're all into the same sport, just different variations. and BTW Mr. Natalie, i always thought that just because someone is a pro, they wouldnt take the time to say someting like that...it probably doesnt mean much, but i now have a whole lot more respect for you guys.

ST87
01-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I agreed with you on everything but this....

The only way you are going to get more riders to race is to let them practice. My friends never wanted to spend the money to race quads until i took them to practice then they noticed how much fun it is.:p Now they are Quadroholics.

You can be a member with out racing ATVA isnt going to turn you down because you dont race. But I understand where your coming from that only allowing certain quads to practice could cut down the growth of the sport, but when a track bans quads all together from riding hows it going to grow then??

CHAR250R
01-23-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm not interested in what brand you're riding, or how many wheels it has. I'm interested in the simple fact that you are riding. I have 2 and 4 wheels. Race, sport, and utility. It's all about having a good safe time, TOGETHER.

NorCalRacer
01-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
I'm not interested in what brand you're riding, or how many wheels it has. I'm interested in the simple fact that you are riding. I have 2 and 4 wheels. Race, sport, and utility. It's all about having a good safe time, TOGETHER.

Well said!:D

01-23-2007, 02:11 PM
that's great that you got along with some dirtbikers. most of us quad riders do. but to be honest with ya, it's usually the bikers making the stink about quads"ruining their berms" and such at tracks, that's usually what gets the quads kicked off tracks. at least i know that's been a problem here in pa. i always get a feeling of an undercurrent from bike riders that we quad riders are taking the easy way out, or that we are somehow "inferior". i guess my whole point is...i hope mike brown is on his favorite dirtbike site saying the same nice things about you, and all the other quad guys, as you have been so kind to do here about him...:D

...also i have a question for you john, hopefully you can clarify something for me, it's a discussion a recently had with mike @hre. he says he gave you the nickname "ironman" from some national that you rode every race or something in i think back in the late nineties? can i get a confirmation on this?:D ...and lee dickerson has told me some "REALLY" crazy stories about you in your younger days....maybe your nickname should be "wildman" not "ironman"..;)...goodluck in '07!!

400EXtreme
01-23-2007, 02:48 PM
tahts how it is around here. No one raelly cares wether ur on a dirtbike or quad. Everyone is just there to ride.

trx400EXtreme
01-23-2007, 02:53 PM
dude i just gotta say good luck in 07'. im a big fan.

firefighterjosh
01-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by ST87
You can be a member with out racing ATVA isnt going to turn you down because you dont race. But I understand where your coming from that only allowing certain quads to practice could cut down the growth of the sport, but when a track bans quads all together from riding hows it going to grow then??

True that. Its a no win no win situation at times:(

CRich[814]
01-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
tahts how it is around here. No one raelly cares wether ur on a dirtbike or quad. Everyone is just there to ride.

thats how it is with all of my friends.

440racer66
01-23-2007, 06:53 PM
i have no problems with about 99 percent of dirtbikers most of my friends race dirtbikes i practice with the dirtbikes because its a challenge for me there are very few riders the are at my skill level here near me so i like to push my self but the last practice i rode in a dirt biker that clearly had no respect for me and any other rider i can do every jump on that track and run with the c class dirtbikers i went around a corner not even thinking about getting t boned and having a randome idiot gun it and try to push me off the track then when he learned that i out weigh him and he wasnt gonna push my quad he starts to yel and trys to get me to fight him wel i about took him up on his offer but i am racing a series at that track so i cant get kicked out i told him to chill out and then he runs off the track and that was that . but i have also witness idoits on a quad but i see more and more mutal respect for each other and i hope that one day on this forum that there will be no post that deal with hating dirtbikes or why do they hate us
#66 out

01-24-2007, 12:49 AM
ip address:

email address: Tenenceabanha00@britneytompson.org

01-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by dlerch
[B]that's great that you got along with some dirtbikers. most of us quad riders do. but to be honest with ya, it's usually the bikers making the stink about quads"ruining their berms" and such at track.

i always get a feeling of an undercurrent from bike riders that we quad riders are taking the easy way out, or that we are somehow "inferior".

From where I'm standing, its way more than an undercurrent.

How am I supposed to get along with someone who insults, belittles and mocks me, and then goes to track owners to get me kicked off the track (when I've done nothing other than ride clean, and let all faster riders by)?

Chino886
01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey "Ironman", good luck this season! Look forward to seeing your ATVFourplay setup!