PDA

View Full Version : bearing carriers

sskustomz
01-22-2007, 12:31 PM
what carriers are people using whos is best whos is worst.any pics on how to get to the grease zerk when it is centered or on the side like the RAD ones. Heres the deal im rebuilding a 02 400ex that i picked up very recently for about 600 bills so i figure if i dump a grand into it then im still ahead of the game considering it runs great.hers a list of things it already has:
440 big bore
new swing arm
new steering stem
pro circuit t-4 slip on
pro taper bars
acrbis hand guards
all 4 new maxxis tires(razr)
billet rear hubs

Heres a list of things to come:
itp t9 bajas
07 plastics(to match my other 07)
new sprockets and chain
billet case saver
dura blue rear axle
+2 a arms
450r front shocks and carb
and much much more(always looking for used parts)

:D

Xplocivic
01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
I've got the RAD billet piece and its awesome!! You just get to the zerk through the sprocket, I have a flexible tube grease gun that works great. Hope this helps.

400exrider707
01-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I bought a burgard double row off ebay for about $135 shipped. Not a bad deal.... def not the best out there, but hey it works. Really as far as reliability goes, the only ones that are really good are stock and the baldwin ones because they use a hardened steel sleeve. A tapered carrier eats horsepower for lunch so Im not a fan of them either. If your doing a budget build or your just broke like I am, pick up one of the cheap double rows on ebay.

sskustomz
01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
the ebay way is the way im kinda lookin towards right now because ive found the RAD ones for about 140 there

JW450R1
01-22-2007, 05:16 PM
rad,or rpm sells good carrier.i had a cheaper carrier and the bearing didn't hold up very good at all and the company wouldn't stand up behind there cheap product.....

hondaracer57
01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
i got an magnum carrier and i havent had no trouble with it...except i wish it was alittle easyer to get to the grease fitting...

JW450R1
01-22-2007, 05:43 PM
i pop out my bearings,clean them,and regrease themwith bel-ray water proof grease and reinstall them.the grease doesn;t get the dirt out of the carrier assembly.all it takes is 1 peice of dirt/grime to wash out the bearing.

sskustomz
01-23-2007, 11:39 AM
how true i already have thought about that