PDA

View Full Version : What kind of HP should I be getting?

Snoopy450r
01-22-2007, 12:07 PM
I have a 04' 450R here are my mods. Also is there any suggestions on what I could do to get some more power? Weather it be replaced with something better or add something? Thanks to all you guys that take the time to answer these questions. What in looking for is to make my wheeler as fast and quick as I can for Ice racing. Its pretty good now, but I want to get the full potential out of it. Thanks.

Uni filter, no lid
stock carb with baldwin needle and 188 main, stock piolt
LRD Pro 4 Full exhaust
14 to 1 baldwin piston
baldwin port and polish
vortex ignition on max setting
baldwin 3-angle oversized valve job with SS intake and exhaust
Baldwin CRF 450R cam
trailtech lightened flywheel -4 oz.
Hinson basket
stock clutch plates

Mobile Dyno
01-22-2007, 06:15 PM
49-51hp is where your at. The Vortex Ign. is not giving you anything. A Dynatek will allow you custom make curves for your application. Dynatek has proven itself in testing. The Vortex just gave extra rpm=mph. No Hp gain with Vortex. Thats one thing you can do to gain alittle.

blasterfreak99
01-22-2007, 08:22 PM
if you add a cam it will really complement all of the headwork and hi comp piston

Snoopy450r
01-22-2007, 10:53 PM
why is this guy "http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=277380" making 57HP and im only at around 49-51. We both have just about the same mods? Im just curious to know why he is making so much more power? Thanks.

Mobile Dyno
01-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Because, Wpp has a different setup Than you. He is running a K&N Filter, DASA Exhaust, Wicked Motorsports software done Ported head, Dynatek Ign, Fierra Valves, Web or Hot cam (which is better than the CRF). All these different items relate into different HP. Thats the difference. If your jetting is spot on then you may even see 52hp. But from my testing with WPP in the past, he was making 50-51hp with similar mods that you have.

Uni filter, no lid
stock carb with baldwin needle and 188 main, stock piolt
LRD Pro 4 Full exhaust
14 to 1 baldwin piston
baldwin port and polish
vortex ignition on max setting
baldwin 3-angle oversized valve job with SS intake and exhaust
Baldwin CRF 450R cam
trailtech lightened flywheel -4 oz.