PDA

View Full Version : high compression

tater_kamik
01-22-2007, 10:30 AM
anyone else running high compression, 12:1 or higher? i have been burning out starters in my 686 12.5:1 for a while and having problems starting it, and i think i have finally come to the colclusion that its just too much. im going to throw an 11:1 in there instead and see how that works for me, any of yall have any experience with this?

Glenyzracer25
01-22-2007, 11:07 AM
yea, i had an wisceo 11:1 until recently i changed to a JE12.5:1 i havent even really noticed much a difference with power. im running a 686 kit also. i regret my decision in changing my piston. sometimes mine starts good other time it wont, just depends on what stroke its trying to start on. ill be going back to 11:1 next time.

tater_kamik
01-22-2007, 11:18 AM
exact same prob here, i would have to have it on tdc and/or have a fresh starter and starter relay lol. i was getting about 10-15 starts out of them before i would have to start pull starting it. ah well, i am ordering an wiseco 11:1 dome to replace my je (i think, its been a while lol) honestly i have problems putting the power to the ground, i have massive wheelspin which i hope to reduce with a different tire

Glenyzracer25
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
i think the 11:1 will help the starting problems,but i dont know if its going to help wheelspin much. i bought a lowering linkage and a +2 swingarm. its like a whole new fourwheeler except for the starting problems. i keep my battery on a battery tender till im ready to ride and that seemed to help a little.

tater_kamik
01-22-2007, 11:58 AM
i have an +2 swinger as well, but that puts more weight on the front of the quad, which keeps it from coming up so quick but decreases traction. i havent touchered a lowering link, i just used smaller tires to lower my center of grav and you are right, its like a new quad! i need to get a trickle charger, i only have a charger that turns itself off when its done. that only helps if i plan on going out and remember to put it on, basically that never happens:D

Glenyzracer25
01-22-2007, 12:18 PM
thats prob the difference..i have a set of razar's that i use in the dry, and a set of 22" mudlite's when its wet. i can go up hills with the mudlites that no other sport quad can think of. i just lowered the rear so it helped shift the weight toward the back.