PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Moto Lights

MotoRacer
09-25-2002, 12:50 PM
In most pictures I see of the cannondale moto(which i have), there are no lights. Now that I look closer, I think most people take them off, but i am not sure. Do people remove the lights, and they look like that, or do you have to buy covers for them? Thanks.

Moto

Razorback
09-25-2002, 12:52 PM
they are required by law to be sold with lights. for the racing models, c-dale provides inserts that allow you to take out the lights and and still have protection from rocks/dirt/etc.

MxDale71
09-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Your moto should have been sold with the headlights and then an extra set of red "headlight delete" covers. If you didn't get those w/ your moto, you need to talk to your dealer. I'm looking for some of those covers right now. If anyone has some that they don't want anymore, PLEASE PM me or e-mail me at mxdale71@hotmail.com and just give me a resonible price. I WILL buy them.

MotoRacer
09-25-2002, 02:00 PM
Ok..i did not get them with my moto, so i need to call...what else comes with the moto? I also didn't get a front number plate which i think is also supposed to come with it. Let me know of everything that is SUPPOSED to come with the new machine...thanks for all the help.

Moto

MxDale71
09-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Yeah, it's a RACE READY quad so you are supposed to get the headlight covers AND # plates. I can't think of anything else, but I know you were supposed to get those 2 things. Give your dealership a call, cause apparently they weren't doing their job.

cdalejef
09-25-2002, 03:27 PM
Yep, ours have come with both number plates and head light delete panels. Sounds like they are taking them out of the box and selling them as an option.

09-26-2002, 04:43 AM
First of all it should have came with a front and a rear number plate. It comes with a tail-light that mounts where the rear number plate is, and it comes with the same headligts and headlight covers that the "Blaze" comes with. You should have also gotten a service manual, a spanner wrench for your shocks, and a small manual for the Ohlins steering Dampner. Call your dealership, and tell them you will be by to pick up that stuff, and if they say that they don't have it or won't give it to you tell them you will call Cannondale. That is crap dude. You bought a $12,450. quad from them. That is some petty stuff. Any problems, call Cannondale. 1-800-moto-usa. I am positive Cannondale will take care of you.

09-27-2002, 08:02 AM
I am dying to know. Have you tried to get that stuff from the dealer or what? I would not let them get away with that crap.

MotoRacer
09-27-2002, 04:01 PM
i called the dealer, and they said that a cannondale rep is coming down here tomorrow for a demo or something, so they will get me whatever i need, and as soon as it is in, they will ship it free of charge, or i can come pick them up. I knew i should have gotten more with the machine..thanks for the help guyz.

Moto

09-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Good to see them taking care of ya. They should..