PDA

View Full Version : Tire and Suspension???

FaCtOrYfReAk
01-21-2007, 11:29 PM
I have 03 ltz 400 and I was wondering what tire size would be the best for trail riding and jumping???

And whats a nice set of shocks for the same thing???

Thanks

smoothie
01-22-2007, 11:27 AM
tires... it sounds like you want to stick with 20's and 22's up front for sure. trails and 18's just don't mix well, at least around here they don't. as for the shocks, well you say you have an 03' so you have the old shocks without rezzies. you can go a little cheaper and get a hold of some 05' - 06' chocks and get them revalved to your needs, or just throw them on there if your a-arms and swing arm are stock length. you might be alright if you fit in the "average weight range". other wise almost anything aftermarket is good. elka ohlins works fox. i personaly prefer ohlins and elkas. just a personal preferance kind of thing.

but don't let the big names fool you. from what i've been told by a couple of member here and a few other people i have talked to the 05 and 06 shocks when revalved are a very well performing shock and might be even better then most aftermarket shocks in certain conditions. also the factory geometry and performance of the suspension is very good. the factory shocks and a-arms perform very well together. I havn't had the best of luck with my rear shock so i can't say the same for that.

FaCtOrYfReAk
01-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by smoothie
tires... it sounds like you want to stick with 20's and 22's up front for sure. trails and 18's just don't mix well, at least around here they don't. as for the shocks, well you say you have an 03' so you have the old shocks without rezzies. you can go a little cheaper and get a hold of some 05' - 06' chocks and get them revalved to your needs, or just throw them on there if your a-arms and swing arm are stock length. you might be alright if you fit in the "average weight range". other wise almost anything aftermarket is good. elka ohlins works fox. i personaly prefer ohlins and elkas. just a personal preferance kind of thing.

but don't let the big names fool you. from what i've been told by a couple of member here and a few other people i have talked to the 05 and 06 shocks when revalved are a very well performing shock and might be even better then most aftermarket shocks in certain conditions. also the factory geometry and performance of the suspension is very good. the factory shocks and a-arms perform very well together. I havn't had the best of luck with my rear shock so i can't say the same for that.

Thanks for the info...