PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Jnblaster05
01-21-2007, 09:11 PM
well im gonna make the trek from minnesota to oklahoma to ride some dunes what kinda tires do i need i know paddles but whats the diffrence between 6 and say 10 paddles and paddles height any info would be awesome like dos it affect speed and take off thank you

Sandgod4
01-21-2007, 09:19 PM
With your quad I'd consider Sand Devils on an 8" wheel.. This is the cheapest set up and it will work good for your first time. There are better set ups, but for much more $$$. We used to run a 20" 6 paddle Gllider on our 400ex. It worked really well..

More paddles puts more drag on the motor and slows it down.. Most people over paddle their machines and don't realize it until they try a less aggressive paddle or a tire w/ less paddles.. Never ever for any reason run a 10" tall wheel in the sand,, EVER!!

JOEX
01-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
...Never ever for any reason run a 10" tall wheel in the sand,, EVER!!
I've heard this before but don't know why. Can you explain?

Jnblaster05
01-21-2007, 09:25 PM
which is better or are they the same straight paddles or angled paddles or v shaped paddles

Sandgod4
01-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I've heard this before but don't know why. Can you explain?

The tires will dig easier w/ less sidewall and they bend much much easier over whoops or jumps.. You want to float on the sand not dig..

which is better or are they the same straight paddles or angled paddles or v shaped paddles

Both are straight.. V's are a little better for turning. V's weigh alot more and weight kills speed big time in the sand especially on the drive-train..

cjkranz
01-22-2007, 01:11 AM
If your not drag racing, a 10" wheel is fine... Especially if you can find a set of tires/wheels used for a great price. We run 10" wheels on all of our sand toys and they work great. (we don't just drag though). As for the type, I would recommend a V style paddle, they will allow you to turn easier in the sand. Sand Stars, Sand Skate IIs, Sand Shark are all great V style paddles.