PDA

View Full Version : Doin My Motor!!!

blakefoote
01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
okay guys...i need an opinion...i have just put a 2006 CRF450 cam in my 06 450er and im ordering valves for it b/c my old valves are toast! but i am prob going to go ahead a put a 13.5:1 wiseco piston in it along with all of these new goodies...I was wondering how much better this will be and how much change it will make...i also put a Hinson clutch in it too...i just want to know how much the piston will do compared to all of the rest of the stuff without a piston?

ricks450
01-21-2007, 09:19 PM
not sure about the cam never ran one. but the piston will make a differance. put it in, make her hit harder. you wont be disapointed trust me. just put some race fuel in her. so you have any pre- ignition problems. :D

blakefoote
01-22-2007, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by ricks450
not sure about the cam never ran one. but the piston will make a differance. put it in, make her hit harder. you wont be disapointed trust me. just put some race fuel in her. so you have any pre- ignition problems. :D

yah...the cam should be great because it was a monster compared to the stock one...and yah im hoping the piston will make a big difference!

FHKracingZ
01-22-2007, 06:25 AM
A piston will be a big difference exspecially if you do it while your doing a cam. The whole octane thing is way out of porpotion to. I have a13:1 JE and we run 110/93 2/3 mix and that makes us 98-99 octane which is PLENTY!. My guy that does my motors races A class bikes and runs 14:1 on a 250f on pump gas. Has no pre-detinaiton problems and runs just as strong on 93 octane as 110.