PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it!!!

jokester
01-21-2007, 07:11 PM
I've been practing this wheelie for a little while now and I finally got to where I can ride it without falling off:)

WhiteYFZ
01-21-2007, 07:13 PM
holy cow.. are u doing a superman?

jokester
01-21-2007, 07:19 PM
nope, I'm standing on the bars with my left foot while holding onto the bumper with my left hand and controlling the gas with my right, and my right foot is in the air...

YFZ450Ridr
01-21-2007, 07:26 PM
that is really sweet. most stunting im not a fan of but that takes a little talent! very cool.

jokester
01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by YFZ450Ridr
that is really sweet. most stunting im not a fan of but that takes a little talent! very cool.

thanks:D It takes a lot of patience too...from all the falling before I finally got it down...lol

suzukigirl
01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
very cool :macho

supafasst426ex
01-21-2007, 08:36 PM
yeah some nice wheelie man!
good work

Kickstarts-suck
01-21-2007, 09:01 PM
:eek2: nice!

wish my 250x was powerful enough to try that :ermm:

coolex
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by jokester
I've been practing this wheelie for a little while now and I finally got to where I can ride it without falling off:)

thats awsome i have quite a few tricks i can do high chair ,special k , bacwards wheelie, 12 oclock, bumper grab etc. but how the hell:eek2: do u do that seriously can you explain step by step like were u put each foot i reall wanna learn this, and i have a 250ex yea i know its only as 250ex but im poor and i like to ride so i take care of it and just ride, any tips would be appreicated

Kickstarts-suck
01-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by coolex
thats awsome i have quite a few tricks i can do high chair ,special k , bacwards wheelie, 12 oclock, bumper grab etc. but how the hell:eek2: do u do that seriously can you explain step by step like were u put each foot i reall wanna learn this, and i have a 250ex yea i know its only as 250ex but im poor and i like to ride so i take care of it and just ride, any tips would be appreicated

those are pretty hard too :eek2:

ive been trying them with my foot in the bar though (not sitting down) and i cant get used to using my left hand on the gas and my right hand on the clutch.

i guess its easier for you because of the auto clutch

coolex
01-22-2007, 07:08 PM
yea its alot easier with a semi but i still wish i had a clutch

but next tiem i go out ill try it on the grab bar

jokester
01-22-2007, 09:16 PM
ok granted this may not be the best explanation, but I'm trying so just work with me;)

ok first have the quad in first gear, but not moving yet, then I put my left foot in the grab bar and bring my right foot on top of the seet just in front of my left foot....( you should now be standing completely on the quad) next I slowly let out the clutch and left it at a slow idle while moving forward, then I get it up into a wheelie, and as the front end is coming up, I take my left foot and place it on the top left side of the handle bars then I reach over with my left hand and grab the bumper and start to pull my weight up onto my left foot, then once you have enough weight on your handle bars to where they should be turned all the way to the left. Next I bring my self the rest of the way up by pulling and keeping my balance with my left hand and at the same time straightining(spelling) my left leg, and then just bring your right leg off the seet and put it up in the air....if you need any more help or need something explained better just let me know k...

jokester
01-22-2007, 09:22 PM
coolex don't worry about having a 250ex, thats what I grew up on and first learned how to ride wheelies:devil: IMO these are actually pretty nice quads to ride wheelies on! I never really got into stunting though with the 250, but I could ride wheelies on it forever:D and actually now that I think about it, I've only been stunting for the last 2months off and on....

coolex
01-23-2007, 06:25 PM
coolex don't worry about having a 250ex, thats what I grew up on and first learned how to ride wheelies:devil: IMO these are actually pretty nice quads to ride wheelies on! I never really got into stunting though with the 250, but I could ride wheelies on it forever:D and actually now that I think about it, I've only been stunting for the last 2months off and on....

thanks for the advise

and yea im not fully into stunting, i just live on a dead end road with 2 ppl on it so i figured y not just try it and got decent at it over the last week so i like it when im bored

ohh and thanks for the explinational instruction mare than helpfull thanks

jokester
01-23-2007, 09:47 PM
well I hope everything works out for ya, and try not to get hurt too bad when you fall off:devil:

klutchbuster250
01-24-2007, 06:34 PM
yea i got an 06 250 and i can do special k's, high chairs and one handed high chairs,sit downs,stand ups and go threw the gears and i can jump from sit down to flamingo to like a nac nac and land like a side sadle and ride it out and im lerning a few more and i could hold up the whealies for a long time , also i can 12 o clocks bumper grabs switch foots and all that it takes practice and i wish i coul do that on the bars no way my bike is to small for me lol

jokester
01-25-2007, 10:08 PM
well for my next trick I'm going to basically do the same thing as in my picture, except that I'm going to climb out onto the front bumper and turn around so that I'm standing on the bumper, while facing my quad....if all goes well I'll have pics up by the end of the weekend:D

coolex
02-03-2007, 05:24 PM
well for my next trick I'm going to basically do the same thing as in my picture, except that I'm going to climb out onto the front bumper and turn around so that I'm standing on the bumper, while facing my quad....if all goes well I'll have pics up by the end of the weekend:D i take it not all went well:ermm:

Kickstarts-suck
02-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i take it not all went well:ermm:

lmao!

I don't see how that trick would be possible anyways.

jokester
02-05-2007, 05:54 PM
ya its not going to well....the most I've managed to do is get one foot in the bumper before I wind up crashing...I'm almost to the point where I just want to give up!!!:mad: but I guess it will make it all the better if I ever do pull it off....