PDA

View Full Version : After life opinions?

MX MaNiAc 06
01-21-2007, 06:25 PM
I really have no opinion on what happens after u die. Just wanted to hear what everybody thinks about an afterlife?

ShiftFMX
01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I think you will go to what you think is the perfect world :p

250ex13
01-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Nothing. It's over. You don't know you died. You know nothing, heck you don't even know that. you're gone..for good.:eek2:

MX MaNiAc 06
01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Its really weird when u think about it. I mean how do we know we didnt live a dozen lives already? How do we know if there is a heaven or hell?

suzukigirl
01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
simple answer...we don't know:) ...guess we'll have to wait to find out

MX MaNiAc 06
01-21-2007, 07:42 PM
But we will never find out. I just wanted to know what everyone believes in. I dont go to church but do they tell u anything about this at church? Or do they just say dont drink, curse, misbehave n u will go to heaven?

jokester
01-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
simple answer...we don't know:) ...guess we'll have to wait to find out

I agree 100% with you!

whatever happens happens:cool:

Ruby Soho
01-21-2007, 07:57 PM
i dunno, i cant imagine what it would be like, cause how can you if your not thinking?

rollie
01-21-2007, 08:09 PM
idk what happeneds, im catholic so i guess im suppost to beileve theres a heaven and a hell but as everyone else, im not beileveing anything untill i see it, i kind of think that when you die, you die, saying you'll go to heaven and stuff is kind of makinga big deal out of a little thing, in the big picture, its just a natural thing, plants die, animals die so is there a plant heaven? then again when you die your body stops working, so is there a heaven for my 450R engine once it eveually blows up?, lol

another question like that i have is where the hell does space end, and whats on the other side:eek: think about it, like really think, we have to be in some type of "box" so whats on the outside??? really weird if you think about it

CRich[814]
01-21-2007, 08:14 PM
i think about this alot. my girlfriend is very religious and ive never been to church in my life and we talk/disagree because she always talks about how she believes in stuff like god and heaven but i just cant really believe in anything that i dont think is real. i just think its over and your in something like an internal peace sleep, like your not active.

Cr85rRida
01-21-2007, 08:20 PM
theres a heaven. But its not for humans. Why would God create EArth for us to suffer and then go to heaven. And if you say to test us, why wouldnt he just look into our hearts andbe quick abbout it.

when you die your dead. The bible says it its self. Your in a deep sleep. You dont feel anything, think anything your just dead.

Hell is the common grave, hell comes from hades which means common grave. so wehn you die you go to "hell". Hell is NOT a firey place where you get tourterd for ever.

ITs like a father taking his 2 year old and putting his hand in a stove for doing something wrong. It wouldnet seem logical.

PLUS if there was a "hell" why would the people there be punished?? they were doing right in the devils eyes and since the devil is supposed to be the ruler of "hell" wouldnt he treat them like his "children" and give them positions of kings and queens??

A firey hell just plain dont make sense.

A lot of people like to think there loved ones go to heaven when they die to ease the pain but the truth is there dead. Good news is in the bible it says there will be a ressurection after armaggedon so if they were generally a good person they have another shot at everlasting life on paridise Earth.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by rollie

another question like that i have is where the hell does space end, and whats on the other side:eek: think about it, like really think, we have to be in some type of "box" so whats on the outside??? really weird if you think about it

Thats another thing i have thought about. Every star is a sun to another universe. Who knows how many creatures are in other universes. Some places may have technology way beyond ours and some might have next to nothing.

I have ADD. When im really bored i think a lot...

Quad18star
01-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Being a Catholic , my faith tells me that there is a better place beyong this world . Scriptures that were written about the resurection of Jesus and him telling his disciples that there is a better place in Heaven is what I believe in ... but NO ONE knows what happens until your life is over and you are on the " other side"

mephyst
01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Very interesting discussion... I've wasted time talking about this for hours and hours, but for some reason it's always so fun to talk about. I believe when you die thats it... you're just done, and you don't know about it. What is that famous quote? "Life's a ***** and then you die?" Ha, pretty much.

Talking about space has always interested me... I just don't understand how something can suposably go on FOREVER. How is that possible?!?!!? I always like to think about it like we are a solar system inside of what to us seems a never ending universe of just "space." And then our universe that we think is never ending is just inside of another space and so on.

I also 100% believe that there is other life/creatures out there.

And I also believe that religion is slowly fading away from generation to generation as we get more scientific evidence on how Earth was created...

Anyways, this topic is more than likely to get out of hand within a few hours just like any other thread. :)

And I was born and raised Catholic, went to Catholic school for the first 8 years of school in my life. I no longer practice, or believe in God because it just doesn't make any sense to me and I don't understand people when they say "what is the point of life without faith because what is going to happen to you when you die then?" I think people are afraid of dying, and that is totally normal but lets face it, that's life.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by mephyst

Anyways, this topic is more than likely to get out of hand within a few hours just like any other thread. :)

It shouldnt get out of hand. As long as ppl dont bash what others believe in..

I like thinking and talking about space. Theres so much out there that we will never know about. Id like to know what type of creatures are out there on other universes. Im sure they dont have 2 eyes and 2 legs. They would be much different.

Quad18star
01-21-2007, 08:50 PM
We'll know what happens to us when we die . Maybe then we'll even know where the end of the Universe is and if there are other life forms out there .

Very interesting discussion... I've wasted time talking about this for hours and hours, but for some reason it's always so fun to talk about.

I've done the same thing .... might not have been totally sober , but I can remember talking about this topic with friends while munching out on a large bag of Doritos . Some things are still a complete haze !!!!!:p

mephyst
01-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
We'll know what happens to us when we die . Maybe then we'll even know where the end of the Universe is and if there are other life forms out there .

I've done the same thing .... might not have been totally sober , but I can remember talking about this topic with friends while munching out on a large bag of Doritos . Some things are still a complete haze !!!!!:p

Hahahahah...... god damn stoners... Yuuuuuuup, me too buddy. I think we've all been through that phase..:macho

MX MaNiAc 06
01-21-2007, 08:54 PM
We talk about this at work when its real slow. Someone said that when u die ur a ghost n u linger around watching over ppl.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Hahahahah...... god damn stoners... Yuuuuuuup, me too buddy. I think we've all been through that phase..:macho

Yeahhhh thats whats happening when we are talking about this at work.. :bandit:

mephyst
01-21-2007, 08:57 PM
That'd be pretty cool... I hope that it's something along the lines of you are surrounded with beautiful women that don't complain and let you do whatever the hell you please.. :devil:

MX MaNiAc 06
01-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah it would be nice to be able to ride quads and females. :cool:

jokester
01-21-2007, 09:05 PM
DELETED

miller821
01-21-2007, 09:07 PM
I still believe in the saying.. "Until the end, thats where we begin." Thought about this many times when I was younger. Would always ask myself how we came to be and everything. Used to wonder if when we die if it would be like it was before we were born. I didn't remember anything, no pitch black or nothing; do any of you? I still don't see how this earth just floats up in space, or where space came from.... So being a Christian, I always like to picture the after life in the best way possible. Will I go to Heaven or Hell? I dunno, a lot of these questions are not for me to decide; though I will try my hardest to get to Heaven, at all costs! Though I am not sure what will lie ahead of us after we die, it'll probably be better than the life we live on this earth right? (If we choose the right path) I dunno, correct me if any of this you find wrong or such.

miller821
01-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jokester
IMO if there is a god, I think he's a F ing sick twisted F***... I mean what kind of person goes and send his only son to die on the cross so that the rest of humanity can have their souls clean...when he could easily just look into that person's soul and see if they deserve to go to heaven or not.. but no, he wants his kid to go and get tortured until he eventually dies... And if he's just some real nice awsome guy or whatever why does he allow thousands of people to get raped or killed by other people everyday, or some type of plague that comes up and kills a bunch of people...so to me I think thats pretty screwed up....but thats JMO

Thats your opinion and whatever man. I must say I don't believe in it however. Put yourself in Jesus situation. Your going to live 33 human years and bear the sins of all humanity that they would be cleansed; and after that you are going to sit at the right hand of God and have eternal life. Would you not do this? To give other people a chance for eternal life. Me, I would volunteer myself if I knew the outcome was going to be such as it was!

Harbin_22
01-21-2007, 09:39 PM
IMO.. everything is extremely crazy. I beleive in God to an extent. I mean people say that God "created" earth. Think about it, everything has to be created right. At some point in time everything was created, wether it be god or some gases floating around or whatever made this earth and us was created some how. People say the gases were naturally there, well what the h**l made those gases? Something created the creator right? That will be the impossible question.

Everything had to be created so what started all of it? What was the creator? How can nothing create something? To me, these questions will never be answered.

As far as after death. No one will ever know for sure what happens.

rollie
01-21-2007, 09:42 PM
being 16 years old and not having the most amazing attention span..when i go to CCD ( like classes on sunday nights you have to go to to make ur conformation) i find it extremely hard to believe what they are telling me, im not saying i do or dont believe in god, because i have no idea,i sort of bounce back and forth between believing and not believing,i mostly believe when something bad happens(death or someones really sick, something like that) i believe there IS a sence of presence when you pray for someone to feel better or when you pray someone went to heaven, but when i go to chruch and people tell me what i should believe, i kind of doubt it, i honestly think if there IS a god, he isnt someone in a holy place called heaven, i think he is out taking the shape of a normal human being, obviously there IS a such thing is a mirical, i mean, everyone's heard of people that almost died and now there doing well, even anthony, no body said he could ever walk again, hes slowly but surely proving them wrong, i know im rambaling on and on but religon is such a complicated thing, as for the lifein differnt galaxys, obviously there is life somewhere else, there cant NOT be, however i dont think that life is like its said in the movies, i think there are differnt things living somewhere else, but not being in contact with them and never seeing them i dont think they would have a reason to "attack us". Space however, HAS to end somewhere, i mean still there HAS to be something on the other side, that to me is the most amazing thing ever.

WhiteYFZ
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
i also discuss this ALOT.. moslty with my friend.. im catholic, but truthfully, i dont believe all that stuff.. im catholic cuz thats how my parents raised me.. i hear weird *** stories that ppl died and came back to life and said they met God at the end of a tunnel and all this stuf.. i can just sit there thinking about it for hours.. i have a feeling that its just a cycles, but you come back as a diff person, dont know that u had a life before that one..

mephyst
01-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
i also discuss this ALOT.. moslty with my friend.. im catholic, but truthfully, i dont believe all that stuff.. im catholic cuz thats how my parents raised me.. i hear weird *** stories that ppl died and came back to life and said they met God at the end of a tunnel and all this stuf.. i can just sit there thinking about it for hours.. i have a feeling that its just a cycles, but you come back as a diff person, dont know that u had a life before that one..

yeah, about people who think they "saw the light" and bounced back to life... umm, i believe exactly that, they just "think" that and believe that's what they saw because somewhere someone created the idea in an almost death experience that they felt like they were connected to God but he wasn't yet ready for them... and then everyone started going "oh yea, I felt the same way..." And now, it has become the common thing to say every time someone has any type of near death experience... JMO

wilkin250r
01-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm curious, to take this topic in a slightly different direction.

We all know that some people believe in God, and some don't. We also know that some people believe in ghosts, and some people believe in "karma", that the universe somehow keeps track of evil deeds and punishes them, while rewarding good deeds.

My question is, how many people believe in ghosts and karma, but don't believe in God? And how do you justify it?

WhiteYFZ
01-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

We all know that some people believe in God, and some don't. We also know that some people believe in ghosts, and some people believe in "karma", that the universe somehow keeps track of evil deeds and punishes them, while rewarding good deeds.

My question is, how many people believe in ghosts and karma, but don't believe in God? And how do you justify it?

i deff beleive in ghosts.

firefighterjosh
01-22-2007, 04:34 AM
I don't belive in anything without FACTS!:o I belive in God because I was grown up that way. Look at the Aztecs, INdians, Egyptians tribes ect....they all belived in diffrent gods and now we know/think there stuff isn't true and we think "Why the hell they belive in that"? Could we be the next Gen of humans to get looked upon at "why the hell they belive in him?"??

JMO

Adter death??? I have no clue. I kinda belive in The after life. You just keep being born again and again. I don't see how Billions and Billions of ghosts could be floating around:ermm:

01-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Its a matter of faith.

The Scripture is quite plain that there is an afterlife - with heaven awaiting those who have placed their faith and trust in Jesus Christ and His work on teh cross to save them from their sins.

It also speaks of an afterlife for those who don't trust Christ. an eternity in hell.

Many don't have faith in what the Bible says.

But no one can prove what they beleive.

Its a matter of faith.

01-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
[B]I don't belive in anything without FACTS!:o

DO you beleive in love?

If you do, its only because of the evidence that exists. Even tho love cannot be seen, touched, weighed, measured with scientific equipment, dissected, etc.

So it is with beleiving in God. There is much evidence for His existence. You might call that evidence "facts"

The real question is "Do you need PROOF about God before you'll beleive in Him?"

Villageidiott23
01-22-2007, 06:54 AM
the reasons why we dont understand any of this. i.e. after life and space. is because the human brain does not have the mental capacity to understand it. were not supposed to. so all we have is theories. obviously were not the first era of people to question all this. theres so many religious beliefs and whos to say that there is only one right religion. there could be more. thats like saying if ur not christian then you go to hell. people on the other side of the globe who have never experienced christianity have developed there own religion for hundreds of years learning a different way of life thinking its all true. we will never know. theres a reason we cant comprehend this. think about it. if you knew exactly what would happen in the after life you would know how to live and what to do to ensure "goin to heavin" or ur utopia. life would be obselete. thered be no reason for choices or decisions. hate, jealousy, anger, sadness its all human nature to feel these things. it would be to easy to just know all this stuff. we are here to choose our own paths, theres no free passes. wow that was deep. anyway heaven would be damn crowded hahaha.

rbgnwa45
01-22-2007, 07:36 AM
For the people wondering where "matter" came from, think about this. Something had to of created this 'energy', this 'matter', these particles. If god made it, then where did god come from? Where did that god come from etc? It's so hard to picture in your mind that the universe just "happened". If there was nothing in the beginning, how can you take nothing and make something? YOU CAN'T! Believing in god is hard to do because he has never peeked around the corner showing himself. If someone were to say to you "do you believe I am real?" You wouldn't even have to answer because you can hear that person talking so you know he's real. Someone has told me in detail a 'ghost' they saw of their husband's father, where she saw 'him' in a doorway at 6:30, and her husband calls at 7:30 and tells her his father passed. Why would that person joke about seeing their father in laws' spirit, a loved one? You just have to take their word for it, and hope you one day see a ghost for yourself. If you saw something very concrete (like a ghost!) to scare the willies out of you...then chit, I'd believe in god. If ghosts are real, then god must surely be. It's proof of afterlife. Perhaps we shouldn't be asking "god" all these questions about existence, maybe we should be looking for ghosts, or some kind of proof that we have a soul, before we start questioning our possible creator.

BTW, does anybody know what string theory is? String theory is a theory on what particles are made of, how they hold together, how they came to be. They think it's little strings of energy, inside the nucleus of an atom. That's pretty damn small! Did you know there are ten dimensions of space, not three? Google 'string theory' and 'the tenth dimension', try to wrap your mind around those. But still, the 'strings' have to of come somewhere...

How do you make something out of nothing?

Is nothing "something" ?

x2 on the 'we are in a giant box' theory, LOL!

PEACE :chinese: Now I'm pondering too much.

Bubba
01-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by rollie

Everytime i think about that topic, i always think of the Truman Show. What if we're all being watched by other people? haha that would be crazy

mephyst
01-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Bubba
Everytime i think about that topic, i always think of the Truman Show. What if we're all being watched by other people? haha that would be crazy

me too!!!!!!!!!! I was just going to say that.... What if we are just some small universe to some giant universe and they are using us as an experiment?? hhahah.

700bRad
01-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I am a Catholic and believe in God and Jesus and all that. But I do wonder from time to time what is out there. I find it hard to believe the magical side of Jesus like walking on water, and spreading the sea etc.. But I do believe in the holy ghost. Yes I cuss, drink, smoke, have premaritable sex, and sometimes sloth around but im not perfect, nobody is. If it wasnt for addictions like these everyone would be the same with no character or humor. I love life, I think its beutifull, I believe that God makes everything happen for a reason. He teaches you lessons in mysterious ways, even if you dont desire it. Getting arrested, getting into car wrecks, fighting, stealing and getting stole from are all ways God uses to communicate and teach us. I believe that God lifts you up and drops ya on your *** repeatedly to make you stronger and wiser. 2 years ago my life was stolen from me by drugs. For these 2 years I was totally out of it, I didnt feel like myself, to me I was a nonresponsive piece of blah. I was built up by my classmates as the preppy frat boy that drinks to get ****ed up, smokes to get stoned, and has lots of friends for attention and sex. I lived up to my image, and even though I was on top of the world I felt like I wasnt doing the right things. Then BOOM I got dropped. Arrested twice, dumped, kicked, dragged, slammed, stomped, whatever, I was at the bottom of life, as low as you can get. Before all this I did not believe in God. But I sat there for awhile and got to thinking. I tried a couple things, enrolled in a substance abuse program and slowly weened myself off of marijuana. I feel that God dropped me on my *** for a reason. Yes I still get wicked frickin shatted every weekend with my friends, I still cuss, I still like the company of a pretty girl and I still lay around in front of the tv sometimes stuffing my face with dorritos and pepsi, but since I stopped doing drugs I feel alive and like myself. I actually have a personality now that im not ashamed of. But yea thats how God has affected my life, and believe what ya want I guess. And as for the galaxy and space and stuff. For all we know we could be a humungous pimple on some giants ***.

Trask27
01-22-2007, 10:46 AM
I think your gettin old cuz your thinkin about it
LIVE HARD DIE YOUNG OOOPS
LIVE HARD DIE HARD

MX MaNiAc 06
01-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

To tell u the truth, i dont care to follow it. But i just have better things to do with my time than worship a man that im not even sure exists? Id rather go riding every Sunday.

Someone told me they say something about Noahs Ark in the bible. That is obviously made up!!!!!!!! Some guy builds a boat 3X the size of the titanic in a day n gets 2 of every animal on there. ITS BS!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cant believe someone would lie about that!

I like this thread, theres some deep chit in here..

01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
To tell u the truth, i dont care to follow it. But i just have better things to do with my time than worship a man that im not even sure exists? Id rather go riding every Sunday.

Its not that simple.

He's not a man.

And its not just about worshipping a man.

And "better things to do" is a VERY subjective measurement.

I have a relationship with my God.

I get far more than I can give.

And what I give is truly a joy to do so. From PURE self-interest, I truly miss when I don't get to attend church on Sunday. But this relationship is NOT just about Sunday.

And I still get to go riding.

:)

400eXr1d3rZ
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Oblivion, eternal nothingness.

wvspeedfreak
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM

Someone told me they say something about Noahs Ark in the bible. That is obviously made up!!!!!!!! Some guy builds a boat 3X the size of the titanic in a day n gets 2 of every animal on there. ITS BS!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cant believe someone would lie about that!

I don't think it says in the Bible that he built it in a day.I believe it says he worked on it for years.Been a while since I read it though.

blasterandy
01-22-2007, 04:04 PM
I hope heaven is kinda like that Halmark movie where he dies for this little girl that he pushes outta the way of something falling off a carnival ride. and before he goes to heaven he does like 5 different things with his friends & family that had a major impact on his life. Then he goes to his heaven and its the carnival that he has owned and worked at all his life.
This being his heaven. I think i would like that better than just being in a really white (golden) gated community with gold lined streets. And a guy named Peter or (Petra) guarding the gates. I do belive in God I am afraid of hell but i need to go to church more than i do. i havent been in about a year or so. I feel bad in that sense, i have been raised Southern Baptist all though we are more methodest than anything due to the fact that my parents an I drink. That another thing that makes absolutly no sense why would Jesus drink wine (i know he did not do so in excess nor do i).
I think riding on clouds would be really fun. Get any atv that you want. you could get all the parts you ever want. And when ur trying to get that tricky tie rod (or likewise) off you can feel free to punch the frame as it comes loose and not tear your knuckels up. :D :macho
I may not like that though a little bit of pain would be good. I would actually like to feel some pain like busting my *** off that table top God could take that sweet spot off the nuts tho. :D

Ruby Soho
01-22-2007, 04:06 PM
i love talking about these subjects, me and my cousin go on for hours at night sometimes talking about them. we come up with crazy thoughts, and then realise it could never be. its fun. i dont know about afterlife, i agree with some of you here, is it black? whats it like? were no more special than an animal, so nothing magical happens to them, why shoudl they be to us? i think its like when you fall asleep. you dont know it when you do, and when you dream its very weird, and when you die maybe your life will flash before your eyes and then you will just sleep forever. we onyl use 20% of our brains or something like that, so the brain could be very powerful and send us somewhere or recreate another human or SOEMTHING like that. i dunno though, id like to know, but i dont want to find out really, i love life to much.

as for space etc.. i like talking about this too, and the whole creation thing, i think its just that man kind cant fathem (sp?) that there are no beginnings or ends, things were just there, and will be forever. we learned in science aboutt he big bang theory and such, and how space is like a bubble and how we cant reach the edge of it, id like to know whats on the other side but i wont know so i dont wonder about that to much.. as for other life, i think about that when i ride sometimes, there are probly worlds out there EXACTLY like ours, think about it, there are so many universe's and such out there, it is deffinatly possible.

thats a long post, but im really into this subject

blasterandy
01-22-2007, 04:25 PM
I love to talk about these type of things too. It is fun to use our imaginations.

01-22-2007, 04:31 PM
There is no heaven or hell, we are liveing things , n die, don just float up to the clouds n live on. You stop breathing , thinking and moveing ( like your in a deep sleep without breathing or dreaming) . And your like this for ever.

I think about that alot when im in bed for the night. Try it. Just say to yourself, when i die and think about how long you are dead for. Millons of billons of years, for ever and ever.:ermm:

Ruby Soho
01-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by mitch091
There is no heaven or hell, we are liveing things , n die, don just float up to the clouds n live on. You stop breathing , thinking and moveing ( like your in a deep sleep without breathing or dreaming) . And your like this for ever.

I think about that alot when im in bed for the night. Try it. Just say to yourself, when i die and think about how long you are dead for. Millons of billons of years, for ever and ever.:ermm:

then when space is "supposedly going to start shrinking" and everyhting is one little ball again?

man these theories are crazy

MX MaNiAc 06
01-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I don't think it says in the Bible that he built it in a day.I believe it says he worked on it for years.Been a while since I read it though.

I heard it was one day. But im probly wrong, i didnt read it for myself.

But still, isnt it pretty hard to believe? Who would feed and take care of the animals?

firefighterjosh
01-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by garandman
DO you beleive in love?

If you do, its only because of the evidence that exists. Even tho love cannot be seen, touched, weighed, measured with scientific equipment, dissected, etc.

So it is with beleiving in God. There is much evidence for His existence. You might call that evidence "facts"

The real question is "Do you need PROOF about God before you'll beleive in Him?"

I do belive in love. You can feel love. You know when you meet that special somone. But I do not get this warm fuzzy feeling in me when I went to church. I have been to presbitarium (sp?), Christian, Catholic, Baptist (fun fun lol) and they all have diffrent opinions. Just a little confusing. If I were to 100% belive in god I would have to see him myself and remember it or feel something whenver I make a prayer or walk into a church. Just My Opinion

01-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I do belive in love. You can feel love. You know when you meet that special somone. But I do not get this warm fuzzy feeling in me when I went to church. I have been to presbitarium (sp?), Christian, Catholic, Baptist (fun fun lol) and they all have diffrent opinions. Just a little confusing. If I were to 100% belive in god I would have to see him myself and remember it or feel something whenver I make a prayer or walk into a church. Just My Opinion

True love (between humans) is NEVER produced in a short time period.

So it is with getting that "warm and fuzzy" with God. While He knows us compeltely, it takes us a while to get to know, and love Him. As it does with all relationships. Heck, it takes a while to get to know a quad. :D

And in reality, church has VERY little to do with entering into relationship with God. The real value of church comes AFTER therelationship is established, and is NEVER a substitue for the relationship.

01-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by mitch091
There is no heaven or hell,

Just out of curiousity, how can you say that with such a ...well....religious (faith based) confidence?

Has you or anyone you know been everywhere in the universe, mapping out all locations, to completely eliminate the existence of heaven or hell?

Even from a logical standpoint, it is not possible to prove a negative. (that heaven, hell do NOT exist)

300exryder
01-22-2007, 07:13 PM
I would like to think of myself as religious; attending church at least once a week if not more, leading a moral (to the best of my human abilities) life and treating myself and others with respect. Now being a college student, I have typical flaws, but nothing that I don't try to fix.

As far as the afterlife, I would say that it is something that intrigues me. If it is similar in nature to a paradise, where is it? Will it ever fill up? Do we age? Do we enjoy human indulgences?

Whether or not you believe in God, there is nothing preventing you from living by his "rules" (Commandments). I personally feel that the Commandments have taken on, in the public's eye, too much of a Church vs. State theme.

I say we create a non-denominational set of "commandments," identical to the Commandments, save for the fourth, and set it as law. There is nothing that we all couldn't benefit from by doing so.

Afterlife, we shall all just have to wait and see :)

MX MaNiAc 06
01-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by garandman
Just out of curiousity, how can you say that with such a ...well....religious (faith based) confidence?

Has you or anyone you know been everywhere in the universe, mapping out all locations, to completely eliminate the existence of heaven or hell?

Even from a logical standpoint, it is not possible to prove a negative. (that heaven, hell do NOT exist)

Well what makes u so confident there is a heaven and hell?

mis13sy
01-25-2007, 11:08 AM
There is a heaven and a hell. It's your choice where to go.
Go to www.chick.com if you want to know more.
while your there read the comic book called "Heart Trouble".

Questions or comments pm me.

01-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Well what makes u so confident there is a heaven and hell?

Fair question.

You cannot eliminate the element of faith - I have faith in the God of God's Word, as God's Word reveals him.

That said....

One reason I have faith in God's Word is that I have seen its teachings validated in real life. Its truths are universally true, and I have tested and proven God's Word, and found it trustworthy.

I trust God's Word, the Bible, and it says there is a heaven and a hell. But that still comes back to faith.

Playing the odds -

I think its safer to live as if there is a heaven and hell, and to be wrong, than to live if there isn't a heaven or hell, and be wrong.

01-25-2007, 11:33 AM
one thing is for sure....all of us will find out sooner or later

400EXtreme
01-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
one thing is for sure....all of us will find out sooner or later well how would u find out if you dont even no you died? If that makes sense.

blasterandy
01-25-2007, 03:04 PM
hey is anyone planning on dying soon. If so once your in heaven/hell call my cell phone and let me know if there really is one or leave a message if i am not there. (803)-873-3640
K names drew by the way. :D :D :p :rolleyes:
I hope there are phones and atv's in heaven that way we can call our buddies up and go riding on the clouds. I would have cloud paddle tires and a cloud ported engine :D :rolleyes: ya know.

rooster300ex
01-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 250ex13
Nothing. It's over. You don't know you died. You know nothing, heck you don't even know that. you're gone..for good.:eek2:

Thats what I think also. Your not alive anymore.

trx450jason
01-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Thats another thing i have thought about. Every star is a sun to another universe. Who knows how many creatures are in other universes. Some places may have technology way beyond ours and some might have next to nothing.

I have ADD. When im really bored i think a lot...

haha i can think about this all day too.. they say it goes on forever but how can it?