PDA

View Full Version : Farm Progress Show news that I nearly laughed at.

oynot400
09-25-2002, 10:41 AM
I went to the Farm Progress Show yesterday. For those that don't know, the Farm Progress Show is every fall and rotates between Ia, Ill, and Indiana. They show the lastest and greatest in farm equipment. I walked into the Kawaski tent and was looking around at the green Z400 and 650 Praire. This rather large guy was telling me how great there machines were. He asked me if I had a bike or quad, of course I had my Honda Racing hat and my Red Bud MX shirt on. :cool: I told him that I had a tricked out 400ex and Rancher and I liked them both very much. He pull out a piece of paper with a pic of Kawaski's new 700 sport quad and he proceeded to tell me how that machine was going to take over the racing cicuit. They took the 650 V-Twin motor and punched it to a 700 and stuffed it in a sport frame. This thing is suppose to weigh in at over 500 pounds! :eek: It is belt drive and he claimed it is suppose to eat everything else on the market including the new Polairs. I proceeded to tell him it is way over cc'ed to run any national races and it was way too heavy. I don't know how the belt trany would hold up on a mx track, but you don't see very many belts at the track. Now on a flat oval, then yes it might be the way to go. But it wasn't something that I would be interseted in.

GreatAim
09-25-2002, 12:59 PM
"dune machine"

lil400exman
09-27-2002, 10:53 AM
put racks on it and have killer sport/utility machince! ordune great aim! btw hows the car situation shane?

GreatAim
09-27-2002, 12:56 PM
im still looking, i am not sure what i want, lol :D

spincr4hire
09-27-2002, 01:01 PM
Did you tell the guy to pull his head out of his ***** ?:eek: