PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Scrambler

QUADBANGER305
01-21-2007, 05:57 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A POLARIS SCRAMBLER 400 2STROKE HAS EVER BEEN USED FOR A TRACK BIKE TO RACE OR JUMP OR ANYTHING

Ruby Soho
01-21-2007, 06:01 PM
i might have, but i highly dont recommend it

QUADBANGER305
01-21-2007, 06:05 PM
BRO IM KINDA NEW TO THIS MAIN REASONS WHY?

smokinwrench
01-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I think if you look around at this site below you will find pictures of a guy that jumps his 500 scrambler like a mad man. I have raced against a guy a few times that runs harescrambles on his 400 scrambler.

http://www.predatorowners.com/index.cfm?action=forum

johneboy__21
01-21-2007, 06:49 PM
I have an 05' scrambler 500 with hpd pipe and clutch and for how heavy it is it jumps pretty good. I would not recomend anything like a 30 foot tabletop but I hit some pretty good jumps somtimes[
05' scrambler 500
hpd clutch and pipe
air box mod
razr two's all around
pro taper's

outlaw 525 hopefully delivered soon

QUADBANGER305
01-21-2007, 08:24 PM
IVE HIT A COUPLE OF DOUBLE UPS BUT SINCE ITS A TWO STROKE AUTOMATIC I DONT REALLY GOT THAT POP THATA CLUTCH BIKE WILL GIVE ME TO GET THAT LAUNCH SUGGESTIONS JOHNEBOY

ANYPICS OF UR BIKE? I DONT SEE TO MANY HOOKED SCRAMBLERS ROUND HERE

QUADBANGER305
01-21-2007, 08:26 PM
IVE HIT A COUPLE OF DOUBLE UPS BUT SINCE ITS A TWO STROKE AUTOMATIC I DONT REALLY GOT THAT POP THATA CLUTCH BIKE WILL GIVE ME TO GET THAT LAUNCH SUGGESTIONS JOHNEBOY

ANYPICS OF UR BIKE? I DONT SEE TO MANY HOOKED SCRAMBLERS ROUND HERE

HARESCRAMBLE??

PolarisRider06
01-21-2007, 09:03 PM
one of my friends runs a HPD 416 powermaxx racequad (its an automatic based off of a scrambler 400 engine and 250R suspension) and he races it in district races and does pretty well and he dominates most local races (his is 94hp at the crank)

he used to run a 500 scrambler for a long time and after that he ran a 400 with the hpd racemod engine kit (about 78hp at the crank) and he still busts out the old 500 every once in a while, actually today he was just bolting on some renthals, hiper rears with 18's and douglas fronts with 20's so he could go out and rip around plus its got a team axle on it (its TEAM industries test quad and he used to race it as part of the axle/tranny testing)

you can huck that style polaris (scramble/trailblazer) pretty damn far, i have hit 65 foot tables with my trailblazer 250 before i blew it up the last time and dave has hit some big jumps with the scramblers and i know another guy who ran a scrambler 400 for a few years and did pretty good on it. and dave with his racequad hits HUGE jumps, he's taken on a 110 foot table with it multiple times thats set up right after 2 smaller tables/doubles so you have to hit the ones before it perfect. i was going about 60 feet on the 110 footer with my trailblazer 250 the day i went out to that track.

so pretty much what i'm trying to say is they are definately jumpable, and definately raceable. with the right modifications and clutch work they can be damn fast and you can huck them pretty far, they arent the greatest to race against some of the new 450's but if you run open B class they aren't that bad at all without having to much into them because then its more of a skill thing and if you can get to be a better rider than the other guys you can do pretty well. dave runs his racequad in A class and local pro classes and has consistent top 3 finishes and the last time there was a local race serries he only lost one race all year and that was because his frame broke and twisted the airbox and choked out the motor so he came in second on the second race of the day.

rundrave
01-22-2007, 07:39 AM
they are jumpable but the 4x4 tend to nose dive. make sure your chain tension is set right and your rear shock is adjusted soft so that the chain dont break when you land.

The old 2stroke (400's) had better suspension than the new 500's as well. The scramblers with out the fox rear shock are horrible for jumping.

I have an 04 4x4 500 that I race hare scrambles with in the utility class. I have updated the rear shock to the old fox shock and works performance struts up front. I have alot of other mods as well. I have left clutching and exhaust stock for now. I havent figured out what I want for a setup yet. I wanted all suspension mods first.

I have seen a couple 2x4s in some of the other class's that do ok. The 400 is a great bike to mod.

If you guys want to see alot of modded scramblers/400 sports/trailblazers check out www.gen3usa.com

Heres a couple pics of mine that I will be racing again this year in the utility class:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/rundrave/DSC02526.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/rundrave/DSC02525.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/rundrave/montezuma/racing42.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/rundrave/montezuma/prpv7.jpg

you guys should post some pics of yours!

PolarisRider06
01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
that 500 i was saying dave used to race was the 4x4 version, he just pulled out the front driveshafts threw on different tires and bars and did some serious clutch work... he was just putting it back to his old race specs the other day so he could take it out and rip around. has the stock crappy shocks in it and everything. if you have the crappy shocks in it the big thing is learning the propper way to jump and land for those specific shocks cause like rundave said they aren't that great for jumping but if you have good springs and land right its no problem just kinda rough (not to jarring though).

with my trailblazer i actually cranked the preload all the way up and made the shock as stiff as possible and i never broke any chains from jumping, just from worn out chains/sporkets. i could huck it off of my driveway and land 45 feet out into the flat and land pretty smooth actually with no problem, i actually thought my predator was really harsh for jumping right when i got it.... and even after a year and a half i still like the way the old trailblazer jumped and handled for some reason...

QUADBANGER305
01-22-2007, 08:50 PM
YO POLARISRIDER I JUST DID THAT SAME SH** TO MY BIKE....RIPPED OUT THE FRONT SHAFT AND TRANSFER CASE, EPI CLUTCH KIT AND I ALSO HAVE KNN AND A DG PIPE...REALLY DONT GOT NO GOOD JUMPS ROUND HERE IN MIAMI TO PRACTICE BUT IM GOING TO DURHAMTOWN GOERGIA SOON SO I SHOULD BE TO PUT IT TO THE TEST

THANKS FOR ALL THE POINTERS

QUADBANGER305
01-22-2007, 08:51 PM
OH AND I PUT 8'S IN THE REAR FOR BETTER TORQUE SO I GUESS THAT SHOULD HELP?