PDA

View Full Version : Standard and Longtravel

Airik79mx
01-21-2007, 04:33 PM
First off...I don't want opinion's on shocks or a-arms. Just wondering if anyone has riden a LT-R with stock travel shocks and long tavel of the same brand set up for you. I'm trying to keep cost down by using the stock a-arms but alittle worried about giving up too much handling.

blholtz
01-21-2007, 08:50 PM
you cannot use long travel shocks with the stock A-Arms, long travel shocks have a 19 to 20 inch eye to eye measurement if not more the stock shocks are about 17.5 inch eye to eye.

You will have to change the a-arms for long travel shocks.

Sorry to burst the thought.

LTR-10
01-21-2007, 08:59 PM
for 900 bucks TCS will revalve and respring all 3 shocks give them a call or go to the web site

Airik79mx
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by blholtz
you cannot use long travel shocks with the stock A-Arms, long travel shocks have a 19 to 20 inch eye to eye measurement if not more the stock shocks are about 17.5 inch eye to eye.

You will have to change the a-arms for long travel shocks.

Sorry to burst the thought.

ya thanks ... I know that... I'm getting shocks but not sure if i'm getting long travel with a-arms or saving some cash by running standard travel shocks.

Just wondering if anyone had stock travel shocks and then went to long tavel with the same brand of shock?

Airik79mx
01-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by LTR-10
for 900 bucks TCS will revalve and respring all 3 shocks give them a call or go to the web site

First off...I don't want opinion's on shocks or a-arms.

I'm using Fox with stock arms or Fox LT with JB arms.

MOTORIDER68
01-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Here is what I have found with lt or st travel. I bought a new cannondale moto, and raced it a full year on the stock a-arms and ohlins shocks. After all my buddys bought cannibals with lt arms and shock i decided i needed to drop 2500 in long travel a-arms and shocks and have my rear shock redone. That was prob. the stupidest money i ever spent. i am not saying they werent awesome but unless if you are an "A" rider nationally not locally i wouldnt waste my money. I didnt win anymore or anyless races with the long travel. Get you some good shocks and i bet you will be just as happy. hope this helps some!

Airik79mx
01-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by MOTORIDER68
Here is what I have found with lt or st travel. I bought a new cannondale moto, and raced it a full year on the stock a-arms and ohlins shocks. After all my buddys bought cannibals with lt arms and shock i decided i needed to drop 2500 in long travel a-arms and shocks and have my rear shock redone. That was prob. the stupidest money i ever spent. i am not saying they werent awesome but unless if you are an "A" rider nationally not locally i wouldnt waste my money. I didnt win anymore or anyless races with the long travel. Get you some good shocks and i bet you will be just as happy. hope this helps some!

Well thats a total different ride than the LT-R. I've been on long travel for 3 years with a 450R. I got the LT-R with plans of keeping cost down. I mean..standard travel on a TRX is worthless.

CdaleXtreme
01-22-2007, 11:11 AM
HAHHAHA why are you even trying? :rolleyes:

05Z400rdr
01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
idk really anything about aftermarket arms n such...but what is the difference between long travel and "extended" a-arms?...i dont get it....whats the the difference if you can get +1, 2 or 3 for both?...thanks

Airik79mx
01-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
HAHHAHA why are you even trying? :rolleyes:

Your soo right...what was I thinkin...I was bored on a sunday evening...How bout that jet kit.

snox31
01-22-2007, 03:26 PM
i am not so sure you need longtravel on a ltr,i had a yfz and you have to go longtravel because you had to buy a arms to go wider and the shocks are to short.but with fox evols on my ltr stock arms it works as good or even better than my lt yfz did.i had good stuff on my yfz too.not sure i helped you or not.but i will run it with stock arms for a season just to see if i can win on mostly stock stuff.

MOTORIDER68
01-22-2007, 08:38 PM
why is that a totally different story than when comparing a moto and LT-R I like to think that the LT-R is close to being as good or better than a Moto. They both have good a-arms stock and good shocks. I am talking about for MX. I know the suzuki will be the next quad I purchase and I hope it lives up to how good my moto was.

Airik79mx
01-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MOTORIDER68
why is that a totally different story than when comparing a moto and LT-R I like to think that the LT-R is close to being as good or better than a Moto. They both have good a-arms stock and good shocks. I am talking about for MX. I know the suzuki will be the next quad I purchase and I hope it lives up to how good my moto was.

I'm not sayin there is anything wrong with that quad at all..

mike's fleet
01-23-2007, 06:29 PM
doug gust runs the stock a arms and fox shocks on his practice bike so im sure the stock a arms with aftermarket shocks would be fine for you

LTR450_#67
01-24-2007, 10:48 AM
At the first round ITP Quadcross race Kory Ellis raced on stock arms and Fox Evols. He ended up 3rd overall after battling Keith Little for 2nd.

Not bad!!

Aaron