PDA

View Full Version : Blingstar nerfs, How do I install rivet on name plates

damian600
01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Do I need some sort of rivet tool to install the name plates that come with Blingstar nerfs. I comes with the rivets, & no instructions.

450rJam
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
mine came already riveted (sp) on.

I kind of wish it just came with stickers, once I rub some trees/quads etc. im afraid one of the two rivets are going to
pop and leave an aluminum blade hanging off.

but I dont want to just drill it and have a few holes for crap to get into.

damian600
01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Thats BULL$#!+
Does anyone know how to install these rivets???

Pappy
01-21-2007, 05:14 PM
you need a $10 rivit gun...lol

damian600
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Can I get one @ home depot? are there different types?

damian600
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Holes have to be drilled in the nerf first right?

450rJam
01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
do the nerfs have holes in them ?
yes you can get one at home depo/ wal mart/ or any hardware store (some come with diff. size tips for diff. size rivets)

call them and voice your frustrations, someone with quality control and some workers are not doing their jobs.

heck maybe you get a free tee shirt or something ?

damian600
01-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Just got back from Home Depot, bought a rivet gun and some drill bits for 20 bucks. The nerfs didnt come with holes predrilled. I would assume if they had holes in them already then they could have put on the plates.

450rJam
01-21-2007, 07:50 PM
damn the luck..........

why couldnt they have mixed up our nerfs ?
I wouldnt have the damn things on mine
and you woulnt have to drop a 20 to install yours.

well, its not hard to pop rivet stuff togeather
you will get it on there.

Architects
01-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Rivets ehh. Mine came with stickers.

Nick110
01-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Your first problem was going with Blingstar stuff. I had the DC series and they WERE the WOREST nerfbars I have ever owned or used.

Now it seems like more people are unhappy with their Blingstar product and they have every right to be because Blingstar sucks. This was not my opinion but a fact.

400exrider707
01-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Nick110
Your first problem was going with Blingstar stuff. I had the DC series and they WERE the WOREST nerfbars I have ever owned or used.

Now it seems like more people are unhappy with their Blingstar product and they have every right to be because Blingstar sucks. This was not my opinion but a fact.

Eh yeah actually thats still an opinon, but anyways.. why did you not like them?? Please explain as I was thinking about buying a set up! Thanks.

rlplive
01-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Eh yeah actually thats still an opinon, but anyways.. why did you not like them?? Please explain as I was thinking about buying a set up! Thanks.
I have heard a lot of the same. Most people who had bling nerfs said they were crappy. Most of them have aluminum footpegs that arent replaceable so once they go dull you're screwed

damian600
01-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Thats true about the foot pegs not being replaceable. Not sure if they suck or not, This is my first quad, and I dont ride that often.

Nick110
01-22-2007, 12:23 PM

I did not like them for many reasons:

1. You have to drill into the peg mounts. ( I think it should come drilled)

2. The peg mounts have bent bad enough that everyone notices it.

3. Nothing ever stays tight.

4. My pegs are VERY worn down.

5. The X inserts in the pegs that were "welded" in fell out within a month.

If your looking for nerf bars I suggest you check out RATH.

rlplive
01-22-2007, 12:52 PM

I went from pro armor to Rath and I am very pleased, although they didn't come drilled

rollie
01-22-2007, 02:11 PM
i love my raths

450rJam
01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
im happy with my nerfs,
the only thing I would change so far is the aluminum riveted on
decal on the outside edge (where I always end up rubbing)

I love the fit and mine are staying tight (little liquid tight)
I like the nets also, instead of the plain color it says blingstar
all over it.

(it also matches my bumper)

400exrider707
01-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Hmmm... thanks for the info... it seems like these are all of the same things that happened to the older style AC nerfs that everyone seemed to like.... I guess aluminum pegs are out of their prime now...

I had a buddy buy a set of AC black line nerfs recently and when they showed up, there was no AC stickers with them and one heel guard was only tack welded and not fully welded like the other one.....

I like the Rath ones...kinda...but not their price... The pro armors are ugly IMO....I dont know anymore

TCracin440ex
01-22-2007, 06:45 PM
i have the ac blackline pro pegs on my 450r, and i love them...i got the alu. finish tho...they are nice they have the removeable peg. i didnt think id like them at first but once i got them on i love them...they are the greatest...the fitment was a little off but i knew that they have to be stretched because i had a set of propegs on my old 400ex and they had to be stretched before i could put them on....other then that im very happy with my nerfs....

TCracin440ex
01-22-2007, 06:47 PM
pic

TCracin440ex
01-22-2007, 06:48 PM
sorry pic is a lil out of focus

damian600
01-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Also not close enough! Are showing your quad or the nerfs?

400exrider707
01-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i have the ac blackline pro pegs on my 450r, and i love them...i got the alu. finish tho...they are nice they have the removeable peg. i didnt think id like them at first but once i got them on i love them...they are the greatest...the fitment was a little off but i knew that they have to be stretched because i had a set of propegs on my old 400ex and they had to be stretched before i could put them on....other then that im very happy with my nerfs....

Have you tried a set with the heel guards? They're horrible. My foot barely sits on the peg because the heel gaurd is so close to the peg and I have size 11 boots it pushes my foot waaay forward... I dont like them at all, and I've always been an AC fan. I would really like to get a set of the relocated peg ones, because I always feel too tall and crouched over on my bike, however I HAVE to have a heel gaurd....:ermm:

damian600
01-23-2007, 08:30 AM
I was actually about to get the Blingstar heel guards. There no good huh? What do you suggest.

400exrider707
01-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by damian600
I was actually about to get the Blingstar heel guards. There no good huh? What do you suggest.

No I was referring to the AC blackline nerfs w/ heel guards. They are horrible.

TCracin440ex
01-23-2007, 10:53 AM
No I was referring to the AC blackline nerfs w/ heel guards. They are horrible.

yea thats the main reason i didnt get them i wear a 11.5 boot and ive never been a fan of heel guards....so i got the relocated...i like the relocated it feels less cramped on the bike...i also took my handlebars and rolled them up just a little bit so its very comfortable now for me....

sorry i wont tryin to show the quad that was the best pic i had of the nerfs installed on the bike...the other pic was too big

450rJam
01-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I dont remember the manufacturer but they make netted heel guards, I would think that people with larger feet would like
the little bit of give it would alow

rlplive
01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
I dont remember the manufacturer but they make netted heel guards, I would think that people with larger feet would like
the little bit of give it would alow
those are the Raths and hell yes it's nice. I wear 14's and it's a big help

400exrider707
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by rlplive
those are the Raths and hell yes it's nice. I wear 14's and it's a big help

So how much do these nerfs run? They look pretty nice, but Im sure they're pricey.

450rJam
01-24-2007, 04:01 AM
thankx riplive, those are the ones allright.

they are a little pricey though.

im a rec. rider, who likes to be infront of all my friends.
I think the blingstars will hold up good to the conditions I will
put them in.

I have a set of tusk on a 400ex and they are pretty much for looks
(they are cheap but you get what you pay for)

the rath look good, Im starting to kick myself for not dropping the extra couple bills.

rlplive
01-24-2007, 07:31 AM
So how much do these nerfs run? They look pretty nice, but Im sure they're pricey.
They are about 390 bucks man. You get what you pay for though

400exrider707
01-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by rlplive
They are about 390 bucks man. You get what you pay for though

Holy crap, thats even more than I thought they would be!!!!! Forget that! I could buy a set of standard AC nerfs for $130 and then use the othe 260 to pay entrance fees..... for almost the whole summer!!

Also just noticed these too, new AC nerfs, looks like they found out about their heel guards sucking on their blacklines...

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/acracing2007mxproseriesatvnerfbars.html

rlplive
01-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Holy crap, thats even more than I thought they would be!!!!! Forget that! I could buy a set of standard AC nerfs for $130 and then use the othe 260 to pay entrance fees..... for almost the whole summer!!

Also just noticed these too, new AC nerfs, looks like they found out about their heel guards sucking on their blacklines...

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/acracing2007mxproseriesatvnerfbars.html
I hear ya man, I had the pro armors and the heelguards bent and snapped so I needed somethin different