PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Timing Key Hot Cams Stage 1

JDMThoughts
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I doubt this will work but can you run he Sparks Advance Timing Key on a stock motor with a Hotcams Stage 1 Cam? I am looking into motor work for my quad and thought the additional timing and larger lift cam would make it breathe a lot more and up the power in the top end.

vze2hnvz
01-21-2007, 05:45 PM
With just a HC stage1 and the stock piston/compression you should be fine...just remember if you ever decide to bump up the compression, the advanced timing key will put you even closer to pre-ignition conditions.

01-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by vze2hnvz
With just a HC stage1 and the stock piston/compression you should be fine...just remember if you ever decide to bump up the compression, the advanced timing key will put you even closer to pre-ignition conditions

Same with a big gun revbox (advances timing which adds 2hp)

flauge
01-22-2007, 07:23 AM
I was about to ask this same question.. The way i was thinking, when used with a stock piston, the stage 1 cam will drop dynamic compression down a lil from stock... So i figured advancing the timing with the key would maybe help compensate for that lost compression, right??..... Thats what was making me want to buy one..

JDMThoughts
01-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I was hoping to get the sparks rev box as well, to help take advantage of the extra breathing with the high revving.

hauck400ex
01-23-2007, 02:41 PM
i have a stage 1 hotcam, 11:1 wiseco piston, and sparks advance key and have had no problems (almost 2 years)... i run 93/110 mix and havent heard one ping or anything... but DO NOT run a revbox and the key at the same time...