PDA

View Full Version : Moto TST

paulb17
01-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Any1 know what sort of training the Moto TST riders do, such as Dustin wimmer etc. What sort of training, how long etc

Or any1 got any tips or training methods that help staying flat out for a full 30mins?

Let me know please!!!

Cheers

trick250r
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
i asked a while back but no one could answer me... i do know that if you use dr. reese's (sp?) sprogram, its expensive.

rollie
01-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
i asked a while back but no one could answer me... i do know that if you use dr. reese's (sp?) sprogram, its expensive.

$3,500:eek:

Ralph
01-21-2007, 03:08 PM
I heard something about the riders doing laps on a track with some sort of parachute attached to them creating lots of resistance. I thought it was a really cool idea.

NacsMXer
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
I heard something about the riders doing laps on a track with some sort of parachute attached to them creating lots of resistance. I thought it was a really cool idea.

That's crazy, seems like it would be really hard on clutches.

I can see that benefitting athletes that run with chutes behind them to strengthen their muscles....but exactly how does that benefit you when riding a quad? Seems like it would just make your maximum pace slower than it normally is :confused:

Ralph
01-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer

I can see that benefitting athletes that run with chutes behind them to strengthen their muscles....but exactly how does that benefit you when riding a quad? Seems like it would just make your maximum pace slower than it normally is :confused:

yeah but once u take the chute off thats when u benefit. You get used to all the resistance and then its off and u fly.

DJJ450r
01-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer

I can see that benefitting athletes that run with chutes behind them to strengthen their muscles....but exactly how does that benefit you when riding a quad? Seems like it would just make your maximum pace slower than it normally is :confused: The chute would be attached to the rider not the bike if thats what you were thinking:p

NacsMXer
01-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
The chute would be attached to the rider not the bike if thats what you were thinking:p

It was what I was thinking but I stand corrected :blah: Basically makes you hold onto the the quad a lot harder giving you better endurance and strength in the long run. Bet it made jumping interesting! :chinese:

paulb17
01-22-2007, 05:23 AM
That sounds like it could work, but what else do they do to be able to ride full throttle for 30mins they must run, cycle, etc 4-5times a week.

Any1 got any good methods that help them improve their bike fitness other than the obvious ( riding)

Cheers

rbgnwa45
01-22-2007, 06:11 AM
So if you go too fast with this parachute on the rider does the rider go airborn after a certain speed? :eek2:

popo
01-22-2007, 06:21 AM
http://www.mototsttraining.com/index.html