PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Clutch Perch works best?

HondaSkidoo
01-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Hello, I just bought and installed my parking brake block and know I want to get a new clutch perch. Any recommendations? Looking for the best one for the money.

Thanks Rich:confused:

ImplodedMindZ
01-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I love my ASV w/ the adjustability, easy pull, & "unbreakable" design of it, but unfortunatly due to the design of the adjustment nut it will hit the stock start/kill/light switch, hence the dirtbike start switch. Or for a while i moved it over to the other side of the clutch perch.

dariusld
01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I just got the cr250 replacement. If you get this kind, make sure you get the one with the brass bushing because it really wares at the pivot point. Also for a little more money I would get the one with the plastic or rubber cover, it makes the cable last a little longer. Some people like the ASV levers, but you really don't need it on a quad.

ImplodedMindZ
01-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by dariusld
Some people like the ASV levers, but you really don't need it on a quad.
Im just qurious what u mean by that? What r they ment for?

dariusld
01-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ImplodedMindZ
Im just qurious what u mean by that? What r they ment for? Fisrt two weeks of owning a CR250, broke two clutch levers. Got an ASV lever , haven't broke it once. I have rolled my quad 6 or more times and haven't broke one clutch lever. One thing I do on my quad though, is I don't tighten my lever down alot(same idea behind ASVs rotator clamp). It won't move while riding,but if I crash it moves. I do the same thing with the handle bars.

HondaSkidoo
01-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks to everyone.
I would be looking for one that I don't have change my starter and light controls. Any specific modles and places to buy would be great.

I have noticed some have Hot Start? What is that?

Also what is the wire that connects to the starter switch? Do I just remove it?

Thanks for the help.

Will this one work without any modification?
Link (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=11631&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&webTypeId=87&navType=type)

dariusld
01-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by HondaSkidoo
Thanks to everyone.
also what is the wire that connects to the starter switch? Do I just remove it?

Thanks for the help.

Will this one work without any modification?
Link (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=11631&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&webTypeId=87&navType=type)

That is the lever I would get if I needed one. Good balance between price and nice lever. This lever requires no mods. Just take off the old one and put on the new one(other than the wires)
Are you talking about the "starter switch" or the clutch wires? The clutch wires you can just connect together. If you do a search you can get alot of information.

dariusld
01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
The Hot Start doesn't apply to your application.

HondaSkidoo
01-21-2007, 03:43 PM
That is the lever I would get if I needed one. Good balance between price and nice lever. This lever requires no mods. Just take off the old one and put on the new one(other than the wires)
Are you talking about the "starter switch" or the clutch wires? The clutch wires you can just connect together. If you do a search you can get alot of information.

Thanks! I think I am going to order that one tomorrow. I will do a search on the clutch wire.

400exMO
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Fisrt two weeks of owning a CR250, broke two clutch levers. Got an ASV lever , haven't broke it once. I have rolled my quad 6 or more times and haven't broke one clutch lever. One thing I do on my quad though, is I don't tighten my lever down alot(same idea behind ASVs rotator clamp). It won't move while riding,but if I crash it moves. I do the same thing with the handle bars.
I broke 5 Cr levers then bought my asv. Haven't broken one since. I think they're needed.

HondaSkidoo
01-21-2007, 04:22 PM
What ASV lever do you recommend? Who sell them at the best price? Thanks

mic 902
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I broke my clitch perch at a race and ran a Banshee Perch with a short lever for about 6 months. It worked fine. Just run whatever Perch/lever combination suits your hand size.