PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara???Please help

ChadEXer
09-25-2002, 08:50 AM
I will be going to Little Sahara OCT 18-20, this will be my first time to go! Got a few questions for you duners! First off, do they have hotels and stuff up there or places to stay?? im taking my wife and kids too. If so how early do i make reservations??
Also I am going to order me some sand tires, i was thinking about 20x10x10 Haulers with 8 paddles,, since Haulers seem to be the most popular sand tires! Will this be a good tire for my bike??? Im going to run stock gearing.. I was told they sale flags there so i guess I will just buy some flags when i get there.. Anything else i need to know????
Thank you so much for your help!

Razorback
09-25-2002, 10:09 AM
chad - there are a few hotels there. not the nicest in the world, but hotels nonetheless. some of the other folks on the board can probably give you more info on that.

regarding the flags, yes, buy them at jim's sand toys shop. he's also got tires and rims for sale there at very good prices. there's also a shop inside the park with stuff for sale, including tires and wheels, but they are a little higher on prices.

here's a link: http://www.waynoka.com/littlesahara.htm with more info. they also have a message board where the guy who runs the park will answer questions.

ChadEXer
09-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks,
I have been looking at renting one of the houses they have for rent up there too!! Someone told me that it was going to be a big ride on the 18th-20th but I called the park and the lady said it was just a regular weekend???

00Banshee
09-25-2002, 05:40 PM
Hey ChadEXer, Here are the numbers for the two places down at LS for parts.

Jim's Sand Toys 580-824-2021 (stocks most everything)
Little Sahara Tours & Rental 580-824-0569 (inside park)

I haven't heard anything special going on that weekend, but as cool as it is I bet the park will be full by Saturday A.M.

Have a good time. And if this is your first time duning just remember to approach the hills with caution until you see what is on the other side. Some of them drop almost straight down. it's not glamis by any means but 40-50 feet is still a long ways to drop. Be safe.... Later

Razorback
09-26-2002, 07:06 AM
yep, i know that from experience! definitely watch out for the drops...

ChadEXer
09-26-2002, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate your help! I called Jims and im going to just buy the flags from him when i get there! I cant wait to go!!

SandTrix
09-26-2002, 09:54 AM
There is a shop right in the middle of the parking lots of the dunes down the sandy road. They will have flags and just about anything else you will need, plus they are cool guys and a hoot to hang around. Another thing you better consider is the parking problem. That weekend will be packed and you will be lucky to get a parking spot. Good luck and God bless you on that one. Luckily I have the hook up, lol. Ill cya there.

ChadEXer
09-26-2002, 09:58 AM
I plan to get there Thur night, you think I will have a problem finding a parking spot then??? Im just going to pitch a tent and stay in it!!!

Razorback
09-26-2002, 10:08 AM
if the north camping ground is still open, you might check it out. that's where i stayed and really liked it. either way, you should be OK getting there on thursday.

SandTrix
09-26-2002, 01:52 PM
i honestly dont think Thursday will be soon enough if it is any larger than it has been in the last few years. I know last year the parking was full by Wednesday. And I see no reason why there wont be more ppl there this year since every major weekend and even the non-major weekends have been increasingly busier.

ChadEXer
09-26-2002, 03:11 PM
Well i hope we dont have a problem with getting there Thur night because thats the earliest I can get there!! That would suck to get there and have no parking!!!

generalg
09-26-2002, 09:59 PM
You will have the time of your life! Just don't do what RazorbackEXRider had done his first time! What out for the big dunes, people comming from the other direction. I will hopefully be there at LS the same weekend or even the weekend before. Hope to see you there ChadEXer.

2qk4u
09-26-2002, 10:04 PM
getting there thursday you wont have a problem finding parking. ive always found a place to park and ive been there a bunch this year and have only spent the nite there a couple times. i may be going around then too. will have to let you know a little sooner to the trip.

SandTrix
09-27-2002, 07:36 AM
i'm pretty sure the weekend you guys are talking about going is known as Fall Break. Trust me, if this is the case it isnt a normal weekend. Thursday will be too late if it is the weekend of Fall Break.

ChadEXer
09-27-2002, 07:45 AM
Maybe ill have to trade my quad for a parking spot:D
Well you guys know what my quad looks like, so if you see me there then holler at me!!!

zephead400ex
09-27-2002, 12:10 PM
I will be there that same weekend! You shouldnt have any trouble finding a spot. I heard that there was a big group from Minnesota coming down that weekend...has anyone heard of this?

ChadEXer, what does you quad look like? what other quads will be in your group?

There is going to be about 5-8 buggies with a yellow 400ex (thats me) w/ a '97 Banshee and '02 Banshee both with Pro Circuit Pipes, thats our group!

Hope to see ya there!

Zep 4 Life!

ChadEXer
09-27-2002, 12:44 PM
My quad is white with black\red frame! I will be riding with a Orange Honda Rancher and a 300EX,,,oh yeah, is there anywhere to put a flag on a Rancher??????

ledofthezep
10-02-2002, 04:42 PM
That is the weekend of OK's fall break. It will be busy, I was told that the campgrounds(north&south) have all been full....but Oct is one of the busiest months down there. Anyhoo,...zephead400ex & I will be there, so will everyone on my site....check it out & look us up! L8R!
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/ledofthezep

ChadEXer
10-02-2002, 05:50 PM
I will be staying in the Bunkhouse II... I have already sent my deposit up there to reserve it for that weekend!! You guys that are going to be there be looking for me!!!
Thanks,
Guys

sandslinger101
10-09-2002, 08:29 PM
hey jephead400, i live in okla about 90 miles from the sand and just wondering if any of yo buggy buds roll fast thru the dunes? i have a rail and ex and like to use up the toys when out enjoying the sand. will be down racing (helping) run our imca at lawton this weekend but might venture to the dunes 18-19th if you all ride hard and not drive around slow like 90% of the people up there.:D

ledofthezep
10-10-2002, 05:45 PM
Sandslinger,....zephead400 is referring to my family's group of buggies...and yes we're not 'nancy's'. Go to my site,...the buggies on there will be there,...look us up or find us & just hop in line! We usually end up with people trailing behind us, we like to ride fast & hard....especially when it gets to Beer-30 & just the guys go out....aka: ****-ride! BTW...my name is Brandon,...zephead...Preston,.....find us when you're there! L8R!
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/ledofthezep

sandslinger101
10-10-2002, 08:15 PM
hey ledofthezep, just read your post and sounds like yo bunch likes to roll pretty good across the dunes also. last weekend when i was up there myself and a friend was riding with the bunch from tulsa. tusla sand sport club and a few of them fellas roll very fast :D i have been duning a sahara since 89 and enjoy it alot, but dont get lost out there as much as i would like.ride the ex early in the day and after a few refreshments :D i jump on the rail , it has roll cage and seat belts which keeps me from any misfortunes. hope to make it up that weekend and you all wont be disapointed in my rail cus every part that will unbolt is chromed or hpc coated on the frame. and oh yes it will get live on the big hill or 40-50 mph plus down expresslane:cool:

780RotaxBanhsee
10-10-2002, 08:24 PM
there are a few hotles there in waynoka. there is abotu5. not that many. but if it is a big weekend be sure and get their early becuase it will fill up fast. i know that from experience. to know more aobut it. go to www.littlesahara.com

ledofthezep
10-10-2002, 09:11 PM
Yeah,...you'll like roll'n with us I'm sure. You'll have to come by & meet us! Our buggies,..as you can see from my site, are pretty custom & nice too....mostly setup for wheely'n...and I'm sure a few will impress ya a bit ;) It's awesome to watch 3-4 buggies ride'n wheelies accross & back on the same hill....definately look us up man! L8R!

Oh yeah,...thanks for sign'n the GB on my site!...it's currently down due to excessive bandwith usage....as usual. I'm planning on getting my own domain registered soon & get a host with bunch more bandwith to use...

generalg
10-17-2002, 08:27 PM
I will be there on Saturday. Look for me on my Raptor.
Here is a pic of the Raptor.

2qk4u
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
generalg check your pm. or your cell voice mail. give me a call

CHAUNCY
10-18-2002, 08:35 PM
do you guys have motorhomes or toy trailers ?

skinrider440
10-25-2002, 10:44 AM
sand skate 2's are the best tire. they are a little more expensive. But they are the most agressive.

2000 wiesco 440 kit
maier orange race plastic
Skin graphics kit (yellow)
pro circuit t-4 silencer
works triple rate front shocks
white bros rev limiter
K&n filter
yellow shockwears and outerwear
razrs all around
pro design teather switch
AC front bumper w/ mudscreen
sunstar sprockets f/b