PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cover help

Mitch_McComb
10-21-2001, 01:11 AM
I have just recieved my seat cover in the mail and have been having a heck of a time getting it on my machine.
Have any of you had any luck putting one on yourself. I knew it would be a challenge but I didn't think it would take more than one night of effort. I really don't want to spend the money to take it to a professional.

Thanks for your help,

Mitch

Tommy 17
10-21-2001, 08:32 AM
its only 5$ to get a seat cover put on here and it takes 10 mins for the lady to do it. she had a machine made for stretching materials bc she does car interiors and she just does it like lightning. its a pain in the *** to do witout it.

moto93
10-21-2001, 08:47 AM
If you can find a professional to do it let them. I did one myself last year and it was a total pain in the *****! I used the shortest staples I could find (1/4"), put them in the same place that the originals were, and they still ended up coming through the cover. I finally ended up getting a black seat from a 2001 (The whole seat was cheaper than the damn cover!) and painting over the warning on the back.

400exRacerX
10-21-2001, 03:10 PM
the way i put mine on was, it took 2 people, one would strech the cover and i would staple it, mine came out perfect. and i didnt take off my stock seat cover i stapled my aftermarket cover right over my stock one.

riz400
10-26-2001, 09:35 AM
I also put my seat cover over the existing. I used 1/4 inch staples and a couple sets of hands. Came out awesome. You just have to watch that the staples don't go through the plastic. Wish I had an air stapler.

Zingnut
10-26-2001, 10:34 AM
I did mine my self and the easiest way to do it for me was to take a hair dryer to warm the material up with then stretch to fit right. I did mine by my self and it was a pain but the dryer helped out so it was not so hard to stretch. Hope this helps.

Mitch_McComb
10-27-2001, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.
I tried once again but I just wasn't getting all of the wrinkles out.
I ended up taking it to a upholsterer (sp?) and the man had it done in five minutes. He charged me a little high but the product was nice. It also saved me a some aggrivation.
I havn't seen anyone else with this seat cover yet. I'll post a pic of it on here soon.

Thanks,
Mitch McComb