PDA

View Full Version : Narrowing the Rear of the LTR!

atiford
01-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Well guys, what does it take to get the LTR rears width down to 46 or 46 1/2 inches. Is it going to take an axle? How much have others lost with switching out the hubs. If that works, what hubs have turned out to be the best to use? Thanks for all of your time and help!

suzukiray
01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
WHY? I am curious. Ray.

atiford
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Getting set up to run the MHSS which tends to run tight unlike the GNCC. You really can't afford to be much wider then 46 1/2 inches wide.

yfzttracer76
01-21-2007, 09:19 PM
you could just turn your wheels around

bwamos
01-22-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm sure you could get some custom hubs made.. or possibly get the backside of the stock hubs milled. Remove material at the inside of the hub collar and add a spacer to the outside for tightening the castle nut down. May or may not be feasible.. depending on how much material you have to work with.

Or as the others said.. you could just flip the rims and put a valve stem on the side that's going to be facing out. (probably the cheapest option.) That would put the rear at ~45" w/ 5+3 wheels, though.

roundsy
01-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Or as the others said.. you could just flip the rims and put a valve stem on the side that's going to be facing out. (probably the cheapest option.) That would put the rear at ~45" w/ 5+3 wheels, though.

this is probably the easiest thing you could do or at least try, and i'm not sure but i don't think you'd even have to move the valve stem to face the outer side of the rim because there's nothing on the inside that its going to rub against, unlike the fronts

Luecker
01-28-2007, 12:50 PM
With LTZ400 wheel hubs you can get the rear down to 47.5".

Or you could have some custom hubs made. Maybe a machining compay could modify your stock hubs as mentioned above.

Otherwise Lonestar and RPM make axles that are -2" so with You could use LTZ400 hubs and set the axle at - 1" to be at 46.5".

You will need -2" a-arms and 4-1 offset rims to be 46" or 46.5" depending on the brand of rim. Hipers would be 46.5", ITP and Douglas would be 46".

atiford
01-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for some of the ideas. I suppose it looks like the axle is really the right way to get this done. I have the front already done. Laz used my quad while designing his XC suspension for the LTR and in turn I have suspension and a-arms. Keep up the help!