PDA

View Full Version : oppions? 250r or a banshee ?

blueyeace1
01-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Trying to decide on getting a banshee or a 250r...what everyones oppion on a choice saying they both are mostly stock motors both have body mods aftermarket parts .
Which is more dependable for trail ridding just having fun ridding with friends ?

blasterfreak99
01-20-2007, 03:07 PM
250r for trail riding and having fun with friends. banshee for dunes and drag races

deathman53
01-20-2007, 03:31 PM
250r by far, I think they handle alot better than a banshee. And the brakes are alot better. The banshee will eat on up in a straight drag race, but the r is by far easier to ride and better controlled and smoother motor. A banshee handles like a dinosaur and motor quite peaky, mid-top or nothing(stock) and doesn't corner too well. I find a 250r is easier to ride. You can keep most of the speed through the corner, but with a banshee, corner, heavy brake, alot of cluthing, hits around the middle and then back to the same stortly. The 250r you can keep on it alot longer and has a broad power compared to the two.
The banshee is easier to get parts for and will stay that way for awhile. 250r parts are disappering, aftermarket support is to the 450's alot more and 450's are getting new products 250r's aren't. When the racing of 250r's died 3-4 years ago, the aftermarket support it alot less. Sand guys are a bigger group and the banshee is still produced. 250r's stopped in 89. Honda's and racing companies shift is on the 450r parts, and 250r parts are being discontinued, instead of another tooling.
If you wanted something for drag racing and sand dunes, Banshee is king, closely next to a lt500(mostly due to how many are around and bad aftermarket support).

RichM1983
01-20-2007, 07:31 PM
The banshee can be a good trail machine to. I would go with the R though.

4LEAFCLOVER
01-21-2007, 01:00 PM
That was my question too and I decided to stay with the Honda and get a 310R from this guy that lives in Arizona. It was modded pretty heavy so it should be a pretty good quad for me. The motor was built by Trinity Racing and I know they are known to have a good track record when it comes to 2 stroke motors. I'm new to the 2stroke side of the house because I just had a 05 450R and sold it, big mistake. I'll never listen to my father again. I should have this 310R by the end of this month and I'm hoping the power feel is as good as my 450R was. I love the Banshee but I'm a Honda man. Maybe one day I will get a Banshee but for now this 310R is going to have to do.

blueyeace1
01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
ty guys for the help on this matter !
guess my main concern is...parts for the 250r..harder to come by !
ive rode a few banshees before and friends have them we go trail ridding and havent seen any problems with them yet all but they dont seem to like to get wet...lol Ive never rode a 250r or even seen one around my parts out ridding on trails.And the banshees ive seen are very good hill climbers and i sure love the sound of them they really rip but the cost of fixing them seems to be a concern also..so i guess i gota decide mabey get a banshee now and mabey pickup a 250r later..why not have both...lol

RichM1983
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by blueyeace1
my main concern is...parts for the 250r..harder to come by

Wow are you serious? Hard to come by? I could go on ebay and build a complete bike with parts any day of the week and I could go into the for sale forums and do the same here. Not to mention you can still get almost every single stock part you would need from www.servicehonda.com Parts for the 250r are by far a very easy thing to find.

Rich250RRacer
01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by RichM1983
Wow are you serious? Hard to come by? I could go on ebay and build a complete bike with parts any day of the week and I could go into the for sale forums and do the same here. Not to mention you can still get almost every single stock part you would need from www.servicehonda.com Parts for the 250r are by far a very easy thing to find.

They are getting hard to come by. Used stuff is everywhere, but Honda is discontinuing parts daily. Just because Service Honda gives you a price, that doesn't mean it's available. I could fill an entire page here with discontinued 250R parts.

oldskoolex400
01-22-2007, 11:26 AM
closely next to a lt500(mostly due to how many are around and bad aftermarket support).

i have always wanted a lt500r :ermm:

svahle
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
This is my PERSONAL opinion. I have owned a few 250Rs and ridden more than one Banshee. The Rs simply handle better. Even if similarly equipped with suspension, aftermarket a-arms and axles I feel the R is a better handling quad.

My R is very competitive with many of the Banshees I have ridden with regard to speed. Many Banshees will win in a straight drag, but not all of them. Depends on the motor mods. I like the power delivery of the Rs better (a little more power in the bottom end and a bit smoother transition into the power band vs. the Banshee)

As for parts, I have no trouble finding parts. Ebay and this forum are a great resource for finding parts. Banshee parts may be easier to come by but that does not mean it is necessarily hard to find R parts.

I can certainly appreciate the Banshee. They are fun to ride. But, I prefer to ride an R for the reasons stated above. I suppose if all I was doing was drag racing and riding open dunes I would give greater consideration to the Banshees. But I also ride some MX, dune trails, and wooded dirt trails. So the R is the quad for me.

Good luck on your choice.

TWILES
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
You can still get all the parts for a Banshee.

4LEAFCLOVER
01-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Well we will see because my 310r was shipped out today from Arizona, so I should be seeing it around the end of this month. I think I'm going to really like this quad. Like I said I've to get use to the 2stroke feel but once I'm use to it, I think it's going to be the quad for me. I might not be able to beat every Banshee but as long as I can take a couple of them out, I'll be a happy camper.