PDA

View Full Version : super sunday picks

quads14589
01-20-2007, 06:56 AM
which team will come out on top and go to the superbowl?

fast250r
01-20-2007, 08:32 AM
I think it will be the Colts year.

z400rida44
01-20-2007, 08:33 AM
i gotta say my colts and the saints with the colts taking it all

honduh440
01-20-2007, 09:04 AM
its snowing in indy. dont they play in a dome? would be sweet to see a snow game with those 2 teams

nowukno
01-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Sanits are not used to cold weather , no way they go into chicago and come out with a win. It's not a comfortable 68 degrees @ soldier field like the superdome. Forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow and highs in the 20's.

coolex
01-20-2007, 11:48 AM
pats

Giz400ex
01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
The Saints will have there work cut out for them! Being a dome team and having to go to Chicago and win???? I don't think so:confused: As for the Colts, Manning has not played well in the playoffs at ALL!! If he doesn't step it up, there going down. As bad it kills me to say it, the Pats have always played good in these situations. Depending on which Manning shows up, I say Bears and Pats!

416exriden
01-20-2007, 01:42 PM
pats r going all the way if we beat the chargers we can beat any 1 :macho :macho :macho

01-20-2007, 07:27 PM
The Patriots know how to win, and are feeling disrespected.

ronnoc47
01-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Da Bears!

quads14589
01-21-2007, 05:25 AM
yes i am going along with garandman the pats know how to win, theve done it before and they are gettign disrespected by all the media and sport networks.

HB416EX
01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
I put money on the Pats.I want the Saints but couldn't put money on them.

derekhonda
01-21-2007, 11:27 AM
colts win the afc championship easily.

grossman has the game of his life and bears win by 21.

- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

Colts beat bears at the superbowl by 13.

01-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Im gonna have to go with Patriots and the Saints. Colts usually choke, but we'll see what happens.

coolex
01-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
colts win the afc championship easily.

grossman has the game of his life and bears win by 21.

- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

Colts beat bears at the superbowl by 13.

i wouldnt say the colts will win the afc easily

Hondadudeehhhh
01-21-2007, 12:10 PM
unless the saints have been training like crazy in the cold weather, they wont be able to beat the bears in this crap. Id love to see the saints win (i hate the bears), but i just dont think they can do it at soldier field. The colts have a more talented team but i believe the pats play with more energy. If the colt's defense plays with the emotion they've been playing in i think they will be able to pull off the W, but if they come out flat the patriots will be headed to another superbowl. Im not a fan of either teams in the AFC game but i like Peyton and Reggie so ill go with Colts v. Bears.

01-21-2007, 02:51 PM
88 Yards for Reggie Bush!

quads14589
01-21-2007, 03:03 PM
yah that was a crazy catch and run!

01-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Well it was looking good for a minute.... 14- Saints 24-Bears

400eXr1d3rZ
01-21-2007, 03:19 PM
I see the saints all the time, I really want them to win, buttttttttt the Bears are really good team. They'll probably win, but I hope they don't.

Xater
01-21-2007, 03:35 PM
14-saints 32-bears.... i dont mind if the bears win because i know that pats can beat em. bears pats superbowl.

coolex
01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Xater
14-saints 32-bears.... i dont mind if the bears win because i know that pats can beat em. bears pats superbowl.

yup then the pats take it

quads14589
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM
bears pats superbowl the pats beat the bears in the reg season.

derekhonda
01-21-2007, 03:58 PM
are you guys ****ing kidding me? colts have an agenda this year, and finally a home playoff game against the pats. just wait.....

Xater
01-21-2007, 04:02 PM
we will see... game startes in a few

quads14589
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
pats r kicken some *** right now

coolex
01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
are you guys ****ing kidding me? colts have an agenda this year, and finally a home playoff game against the pats. just wait.....

in the last 3 years the colts have never scored a td on the patriots but had 9 tunrovers plus there choke artist's

tp300ex
01-21-2007, 05:54 PM
i hope the pats hand it to the colts!!!!!
i hate the colts!

Ruby Soho
01-21-2007, 07:15 PM
**** the pats, i hate them.

its tie, and colts will win

firefighterjosh
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Sorry but Bears win superbowl no matter who they play:o

blasterfreak99
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
its exactly 1:00 left in the game and the colts are now in the lead. well see wat happens

blasterfreak99
01-21-2007, 07:54 PM
yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss the colts won!!!!!!!!!!!!

416exriden
01-21-2007, 07:55 PM
**** THE COLTS

Ruby Soho
01-21-2007, 07:56 PM
HAHAHAHAH WHAT NOW!!!!!

COLTS BABY COLTS!!!!

416exriden
01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
YA LETS SEE IF YOU CAN DO IT 3 TIMES IN 4 YEARS:macho

derekhonda
01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by coolex
in the last 3 years the colts have never scored a td on the patriots but had 9 tunrovers plus there choke artist's

Yep, they choked big time. actually, probably one of the best games I have ever seen AND THE BEST TEAM CAME OUT ON TOP.

**** THE COLTS

Very intellectual comment. Go pats! :blah:

Quad Boy 660r
01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Thats gonna be a hell of a game.

coolex
01-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Yep, they choked big time. actually, probably one of the best games I have ever seen AND THE BEST TEAM CAME OUT ON TOP.

Very intellectual comment. Go pats! :blah:

well that sucks lol

yea the choke part wasnt very smart on my part, but the other part i said was a fact about the no td in 3 years

also the colts will win the superbowl

quads14589
01-22-2007, 03:50 AM
that ****ing gay why would brady throw the ball down the middle of the feild u gotta go deep with u only got 25 seconds left.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

firefighterjosh
01-22-2007, 04:01 AM
I thought this was a good write up over the bears

CHICAGO -- I officially give up. The Chicago Bears have reduced me and my anti-Monsters of the Midway skepticism to a puddle of slush, which, by the way, is exactly what they did to the New Orleans Saints in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

At some point -- and that point came late in the third quarter when Saints quarterback Drew Brees freaked and threw a pass to, well, nobody from his own end zone for a safety -- you just have to quit fighting the part of your brain that says, "The Bears aren't really going to the Super Bowl, are they?" You have to forget about Good Rex/Bad Rex, about the home advantages of 13-degree wind chills and gentle snowfalls, about how a missed 47-yard Saints' field goal might have turned a blowout-to-be into a New Orleans victory.

AP Photo/Alex Brandon
Lovie Smith had a question of his own for a certain columnist after the game. Instead, you pretend you're getting soaked by a cooler's-worth of Bears Kool-Aid. That's what I'm drinking these days. And you know what? It doesn't taste half bad. There's a little bit of a crow afterkick, but I'll live.

The same can't be said for the Saints, who just lost to a quarterback who at halftime had completed three of 12 passes for a grand total of 37 yards, who finished the game with only 144 yards, a sub-50 percent completion rate, and converted only three of 16 third-down plays.

See, there I go again. I didn't mean that. What I meant to say is that the Saints were more disorganized than a Mardi Gras parade. Think about it: just 56 yards rushing, three lost fumbles, an interception, a safety, a missed field goal, three sacks allowed, seven of 15 drives that started at their own 20-yard line or worse (six of the Bears' 16 drives started on the New Orleans side of the field) and, of course, hypothermia.

What a long plane ride back to Louisiana that must have been. The loss doesn't diminish how the Saints brought a crippled city together every Sunday, but it does make football morons out of everyone (hello) who thought the Saints were going to leave Soldier Field with the NFC's George Halas Trophy.

"Going into this week we heard a lot," said Lovie Smith, who becomes the first African-American head coach to reach the Super Bowl. "We went into the game with the best record in the National Football League. We really didn't get a lot of respect. Not many people gave us a chance to win the football game, but our guys didn't buy into that. They bought into each other."

This is true. NFL scouts, ESPN experts, hacks like myself all considered the Bears a vulnerable team. Their quarterback, Rex Grossman, was a 1,000-piece puzzle. Their defense was no longer overpowering. Meanwhile, the Saints had the No. 1 offense, an unflappable quarterback, an underrated defense, and all of that Hurricane Katrina-related feel-good story karma.

So in the postgame interview session with the giddy (for him) Smith, I figured it was time to accept my fate. If you take your shots at a coach and a team -- and I've taken my share at Smith and the Bears during the past four weeks -- then you better be prepared for the payback.

"You talked about a lot of people around the country picking the Saints in this game --"

"And you were one of them, Gene," interrupted Smith.

"Yes, I was," I said. "Do you think finally what you guys did today will convince people like me, and the others, that this team deserves the respect you talked about?"

It was nice to see Smith take a verbal whack at somebody, even if that somebody was me. It was nice to see his pulse rate reach double digits. You realized that behind that soft Texas twang of his, Smith has a deceiving intensity that, in three seasons, has trickled down to every part of this roster and organization. "Not really," said Smith. "We won 14 games and we didn't convince you then. But that's not really our plan. Our plan is, if you can win it all, then you get respect. You don't get any respect until then. I like what the New Orleans Saints did all year too. I like their football team. But as far as we're concerned, we get our respect once we're able to hold up that ultimate trophy."
Afterward, Smith invited me into his locker room office, doused me with a bottle of Dom, and then started chanting, "Ditka who?"

Not really, but it was nice to see Smith take a verbal whack at somebody, even if that somebody was me. It was nice to see his pulse rate reach double digits. You realized that behind that soft Texas twang of his, Smith has a deceiving intensity that, in three seasons, has trickled down to every part of this roster and organization.

"He's the best coach in the league," said Grossman, who has his share of criticism bruise marks -- some of them deserved, some of them excessive. Fox TV's Terry Bradshaw got it right when he noticed the Soldier Field crowd shower Grossman in cheers during the postgame celebration. "Listen to them," said Bradshaw, "they're loving you now."

I'm not in love with the Bears; it's more, I'm in like with them. But I've quit trying to figure out how Grossman can be so hesitant and inefficient one minute, and then, with the game essentially on the line, complete consecutive passes of 13, 20, 12 and 33 yards. What was once an iffy 18-14 lead suddenly became a 25-14 advantage two plays into the fourth quarter. Grossman also led an offense that committed just one penalty (a five-yard false start) and no turnovers.

And I hereby vow not to doubt the Bears' defense. Brees had enough grass stains on his uniform to do a laundry detergent commercial. And what was Saints' rookie Reggie Bush thinking as he turned around to taunt All-Planet linebacker Brian Urlacher as he covered the last 14 yards of a stunning 88-yard touchdown run early in the third quarter? First he pointed at Urlacher, and then he did a somersault as he crossed into the end zone.

"We weren't going to let that go down in our backyard," said Bears safety Chris Harris.

And they didn't. Late in the fourth quarter, with the Bears applying the finishes touches on the unexpected rout, Brees threw a pass over the middle to rookie receiver Marques Colston. The moment the ball arrived, so did Urlacher, who must have thought he was filming another one of those Nike Briscoe High commercials. Marques, meet Brian.

And, America, meet the 15-3, NFC Champion Chicago Bears. If you need a testimonial, you have my e-mail address: Gene.Wojciechowski@IBelieve.org.

Gene Wojciechowski is the senior national columnist for ESPN.com. You can contact him at gene.wojciechowski@espn3.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2738549

Xater
01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
the bears are going to kill the colts, which would be pretty bad because the pats beat them ;)

quads14589
01-22-2007, 04:51 PM
xater is true the pats did beat the bears so its going to be a wild superbowl.