PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice...

CR looking
01-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Well I've been around people who smoked my whole life.. I guess I got addicted from the 2nd hand smoke.. I started smoking in the summer and i want to know how to tell my parents... They have been smoking ever since I was little. My brother smokes and a lot of my friends smoke so I guess thats how I got started...

How should I go about telling them?

Thanks for everyones input.

ZeroLogic
01-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Blah, quit while you can man. I've been smoking everything for about two years. Ain't worth it. Just Quit and forget about it.

Pappy
01-19-2007, 09:34 PM
first off, quit

second, if they smoke they really cant say squat except get out , which you know they wont do

my dad caught me when I was 16, i saw him coming as we were driving towards each other, i put my cigarette in my ash tray and closed it, rolled the window down and started chatting.

he asked what was burning in my truck and without even looking i said "nuttin":p

I forgot the ash tray was full of paper and numbers etc:chinese:

but please, quit before it does its thing on you.

Pappy
01-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
lol :p "why is your truck on fire" "i don't know"

see, smoking makes ya stupid:p

Rootar
01-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
first off, quit

second, if they smoke they really cant say squat except get out , which you know they wont do

my dad caught me when I was 16, i saw him coming as we were driving towards each other, i put my cigarette in my ash tray and closed it, rolled the window down and started chatting.

he asked what was burning in my truck and without even looking i said "nuttin":p

I forgot the ash tray was full of paper and numbers etc:chinese:

but please, quit before it does its thing on you.

nice move :p my mom used to smoke when i was in middle school and i would steal her ciqs and toss them and she would be royally pissed, thinking she always lost them (i never did tell her :devil: ) she eventually quit when my brother got sick with numoniea (sp?) and they wouldnt let her in the room because she smelled like smoke until she took a shower and stuff. i never have grasped what cigs actullay do i tryed a handful of different ones and none ever did squat for me except leave a shatty taste in my mouth, seems jsut like and waste of money considering how expensive they are:confused: i figured it up and my friend who smokes about average spends over $2500 a year on cigs :huh thats alot of gas money or parts for my quad rite there.

CR looking
01-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I guess I should quit... I just through out my cigs.... Thanks everyone... I just figured out i spend to much on them.. and all they are doing is killing me...

I got another question.... How bad is Dipping? People just say it wears down your gums but they come back?

Pappy
01-19-2007, 10:03 PM
dude, everything related to smoking, chewing etc is just plain bad for you.

you wouldnt throw a handfull of dirt in your gas tank, why do it to your body

(i know i am a hypocrite, take it for what its worth. I pay the price everyday for this nasty habit. i wish i would have walked away from them when i was 16!)

Kickstarts-suck
01-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I chewed for about a year until i found out diabetics can get gum disease alot easier

just fine something to do instead of smoking a cig or getting a dip/chew

Project300EX
01-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CR looking
I guess I should quit... I just through out my cigs.... Thanks everyone... I just figured out i spend to much on them.. and all they are doing is killing me...

I got another question.... How bad is Dipping? People just say it wears down your gums but they come back?

You do know dip has fiberglass in it, right?

JOEX
01-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Stay away from any tobacco based product, there's nothing good in it at all except lining the pocket books of those who are involved in manufacturing it. They are trying every angle to entice the younger generation to use their products (over 18 of course:rolleyes: )

They are currently test marketing a new product here in Portland and a few other cities that IMO and many others is directed to the younger generation. They want to get them hooked early for long term sales. I wont name the product and i urge others not too also to limit the exposure of it.

troutman561
01-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Here in Florida there is no more smoking in restaurants, no more billboards for cigs, and no more commercials for them on tv... Really the only place to see them is behind the counter in the stores now... but I know most states are not like this I guess...

suzukigirl
01-19-2007, 11:11 PM
quit...smoking is gross

72 chevelle ss
01-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Here in Florida there is no more smoking in restaurants, no more billboards for cigs, and no more commercials for them on tv... Really the only place to see them is behind the counter in the stores now... but I know most states are not like this I guess...

Like that in Ohio too. HEre you have to be like...30ft away from ANY public building before you can smoke.

blasterandy
01-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Everyone i know that smokes breath smells like ****. And this kid i who dips been doing it since freshman year high school he is now a sophmore in college and is having to have a gum plasty thing done to his lip so it doesn't put a hole clean through it. My mom being a doctor and prof. practitionare(sp) has access to old lungs and livers go look on the net at a persons who didn't smoke compared to one who did. Nasty.:( Quit while you can everyone on here is telling you the same thing QUIT

jokester
01-19-2007, 11:50 PM
trust me I'm not in anyway trying to encourage this, but what are you thoughts on cigars?? ok now I've smoked cigars before but I don't do it on a regular basis by any means....But since at least for me they are not addicting, but taste quite good, how bad would it actually be if I only have maybe at the most 3 of these a month?

400EXTRA
01-20-2007, 05:52 AM
just quit i had so many people in my family die from cigaretts its not worth it