PDA

View Full Version : 2004 z400

mike nash
01-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I have a 2004 Z400 stock except for wheels and tires.I want to use as a back up to my 450r but i need to add alot of power. So big cylinder and or compression?This is actually my wifes' machine so I can't go too wild any and all input will be appreciated.Trying to keep it cheap but I know how that goes.Thanks ,Mike.

smoothie
01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
well keeping it cheap...... go with a slip-on filter jet and a 13T front sprocket. that and riding skill will allow you to keep up to stock to mild 450's again depending on their skill level. if you want to go further (where i'm headed soon) i've been reading you that the next step would best to go with cams port job and then a carb. then shed some of that weight in your wallet and get a big bore. with all of that you would have one fast machine.

but honestly all i have on mine(engine performance wise) would be a hmf slip on, uni filter jetted and a 13T sprocket. about as cheap and easy as it's gona get.

rockman
01-28-2007, 11:24 AM
If I were you I would just go with the drz conversion. It bumps up the compression and also comes with dual rate valve springs, and hd cam chain. This is along with the other obvious mods like k&n with no lid, slip on exhaust, 13 tooth etc.. The added compression really helps and its cheap. I think the gasket alone is only like $30 (correct me if i'm wrong). I opted for the whole kit with the valve springs to compensate for cams and rev box.