PDA

View Full Version : wiseco 12.1 any power gain on 06?

KrazyKeith
01-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Im about to put a stock comp. wiseco piston. Will I see a power gain? Will this piston outlast a stocker?

lumi
01-19-2007, 07:08 PM
imo the stock piston is great if ur not looking to bump compression, there might be some pistons out there that might last a big longer, but the stock piston is great...

and that wiesoc wont really add any power... not sure if it will outlast the stock piston either.

jmho

-lumi

beany
01-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Don't want to jack the thread but I'm kind of in the same boat. Any suggestions on a piston? Bump up the comp and still run pump gas?? The talk alot of the venoms on the org but I really don't know much about them?

desratt
01-20-2007, 09:16 PM
the wiesco may be a tad lighter to help rev faster.
I use JE pistons

czrider263
01-21-2007, 01:56 PM
won't run on pump gas but for the 06 i like the bladwin 14:1 and for 05 450rs id run a DRG piston:D

lumi
01-21-2007, 02:00 PM
damn i didnt know the drg pistons are even out did he update his site..... what no 06 piston :( i wonder if he makes a 12:1 13:1

-lumi

beany
01-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Alex how can you recomend something you havent even run??? Not trying to bad talk Chad but you know what mean? I'm sure it will be a great piston, but not made for all of us. I'm looking for a pump gas piston, just a rec rider.

czrider263
01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
i know that the piston "in theory" should be amazing.. there are fetures on this piston that are not avalible on other and you will see when they come out... so im almost 100% sure that they will be awsome thats why i already paid for one...

as for a "pump gas" piston the only one that i have used was a wiesco.

I know that chad loves JE

beany
01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah in theory I would agree. I don;t know Chad like you do, (you feed his babies. lol) But I'm sure it will be like something that we've never seen before. Just not for a rec rider. How high of a compression can I go before race gas?? I plan on doing this in the spring so I need to get some good ideas rollin. A piston and HC stage 2 shoudl do for me

lumi
01-22-2007, 06:24 PM
chads works is awesome.... he posts alot of pics and explains very well in detail his work and all its very clean,solid, and powerful from what i have been hearing ANd seeing.... great stuff... so i doubt he hasnt put the time and effort into the piston to come up short of anything amazing.

jmho

-lumi:D

desratt
01-22-2007, 06:28 PM
to get a little more technical it isn't only the piston that makes you need race gas it is your dynamic compression wich means your cam will change it and how good your cylinder scavenges. and the temp of the cylinder and air.