PDA

View Full Version : High end miss

Bloodyfast450
01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey Folks,
Im in the process of trying to run down a miss Im getting on the top end. It seems heat related..runs like blue blazes cold. Ive got a cdi box on the way. Im also going to up the main jet a couple of sizes. It seems electrical though. After that, guess Ill change the pickup and stator. Anyone else having problems like this. Mine is an 05 with 70 hrs on it. It started under warranty, but couldnt get my dealer to do anything. Thanks..Johnboy

cals400ex
01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
any mods done to it? what jetting are you at?

Bloodyfast450
01-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Stock jets and stock pipe for now. Gonna pipe it and put a K&N on when I solve the miss. Johnboy

jshtex
01-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Bloodyfast450
Hey Folks,
Im in the process of trying to run down a miss Im getting on the top end. It seems heat related..runs like blue blazes cold. Ive got a cdi box on the way. Im also going to up the main jet a couple of sizes. It seems electrical though. After that, guess Ill change the pickup and stator. Anyone else having problems like this. Mine is an 05 with 70 hrs on it. It started under warranty, but couldnt get my dealer to do anything. Thanks..Johnboy

For grins does it do it with the headlights on? Ours is an 04, and I have replaced the stator and the regulator / rectifier but if we run with the lights off it misses at high rpm's.

Ours did it starting during warranty also and our dealer first said it was hittng the rev limiter, then when I proved that wasn't it they said it was jetting. Like you I felt it was electrical. I could install the resistor kit and fix it but I don't have a problem running the lights, it actually makes him easier to recognize during a race.

Bloodyfast450
01-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Tnx JSHTex:
Im going to put her all back together tomorrow and Ill let you know how it works. Its not much fun buying all those Yami parts not knowing if its going to fix it. Im 237 bucks deep now, and aint looking back till its fixed:) Johnboy

Bloodyfast450
01-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Got her fixed!!
Turned out to be cdi/rev limiter box. While I had it apart I put a 168 main jet in and an old style gytr pipe. Its all about trying to hold on now...See ya at the Rock...Johnboy