PDA

View Full Version : jetting

250x_kyle
01-19-2007, 02:55 PM
ok i have a 400ex with a uni and might pick up a hmf this weekend. my question is what jets do i need to run no other motor mods

hornetgod13
01-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Air box lid on or off? Altitude? Temperature? All those are factors in accurately determining jet sizes.

250x_kyle
01-19-2007, 03:57 PM
airbox lid on dont know altitude

Honda#4
01-19-2007, 07:07 PM
152 main

hornetgod13
01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
A 152 keihin main jet sounds about right. If it's real cold where you ride you might want to try a 155. Above 3,000 ft you might want to try a 150.

Honda#4
01-20-2007, 08:52 AM
exactly what hornetgod13 said is right. Hornetgod13, me and you are pretty good with jetting questions on here whats your secret.
I kind of feel that me and you are competing in this jetting stuff cus we are are the first ones to a post about it, kind of funny really.

Me and you should start up a jetting thread.

hornetgod13
01-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
exactly what hornetgod13 said is right. Hornetgod13, me and you are pretty good with jetting questions on here whats your secret.
I kind of feel that me and you are competing in this jetting stuff cus we are are the first ones to a post about it, kind of funny really.

Me and you should start up a jetting thread.

With as much jetting as I did to get mine right, I feel like a subject matter expert. Like I've said before, if I can save anyone time and money and reduce the headache of jetting than it's worth it. I wish I had the help when I started.

I think I could make money doing this. I wish I could find a steady customer base. I enjoy doing it now. It only costs a few bucks. It's just time consuming on the tuning side.

I've seen so many jetting threads come and go. I bet jetting related threads has to be one of the top 2 threads on here. If they "sticky" one jetting thread and everyone populated that with all there jetting info and questions it would be so much easier.

Not sure why it hasn't been do already. :confused:

Honda#4
01-20-2007, 12:58 PM
these last couple months have been nothin but jetting questions. I have people PM me about jetting questions all the time.

hornetgod13
01-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
these last couple months have been nothin but jetting questions. I have people PM me about jetting questions all the time.

Same thing here. I made 3 good friends just off jetting e-mails alone. They are still e-mailing me even after they got the jetting fixed.

Here lately, I haven't been jumping on the jetting question so much because I know if I don't you'll catch them. :D