PDA

View Full Version : hey pappy

bigbadbubba
01-19-2007, 12:00 PM
I was just wondering what your turn around time is.

I gave east coast my stuff a month ago
and i MIGHT get it back monday or tuesday but its been a whole month.. if i went with you ( witch i will do next time ) , i was just wondering how long it would take.

Pappy
01-19-2007, 12:16 PM
It really depends

If I can get the frame blasted and prepped I can turn them in literally a day or so. However I am at the mercy of the stripping companies (I use 2) and they are at the mercy of business in general and the weather.

I have frames that I got wednesday, gusseted them that night, they went to the strippers and will be coated tonight or tomorrow. I wish they all went that smooth..lol Others have been here for 2 weeks, some even longer due to having to disassemble parts for the owner or make repairs etc.

If your parts were previously coated, this als may slow down the process as they can not (or should not) just be media blasted. They should go through the proper burn off process and then be media prepped.

I am not a big shop, infact I can hit you with a wrench in any corner you may hide in. I work by myself, with no employees in the pc side of the business. So when it gets busy, it does so fast and I alone dig myself out of it. I do try and do the best work I can in a reasonable amount of time but I prefer to not be rushed. This like any painting process takes some time to do, especially when welding, inspecting etc is thrown in the mix. Could you imagine a rush job where a nice big crack was missed or ignored? Ill put up with some b!tching to do it my way:p (most pc shops will not even worry about your parts having a crack, its your responsibilty not thiers)

Another issue that can cause delays is color choice. Alot of big shops will not just shoot a color out of the blue. They prefer to have enough to do to fill thier oven, and I am like that in a way, but I know I do more colors in a week them any big shop I know.

Holidays, weekends, the flu this time of year etc, all add up to things not going as fast as one would like, and when you combine everyday life with the fact you have some persons parts to his toy, it can never go fast enough for them!

I dont know what EC does as far as coating, I assume they send it all out so the delay could be on that shop and have nothing really to do with them. I worry about myself and let everyone else do thier thing

:p

bigbadbubba
01-19-2007, 08:55 PM
so do you think a brand new ltr subframe will take more then a month?

Pappy
01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
for me to do it? not unless i break a leg or something:p as soon as i get this huge batch thats in the shop now completed, i will be rolling full steam again...until bad winter weather set in:p Viva La El Nino:blah: