PDA

View Full Version : Switch to PEP from Axis???

woodsman250r
01-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Alright here is my plan, and if anyone reading this has actually rode both setups or has experience with both please give your opinion good or bad. I am wanting to try a set of PEP Limited Mass triple rates w/ compression adj. setup for XC on stock aarms. I have Custom Axis fronts with Compression adj. right now and by selling them I would pretty much have all the money I need to get the PEP fronts. Now would this switch be worthwhile doing? I haven't heard of a lot of people running PEP for XC so I am wondering if they would be comparable to the Axis or better. My Axis shocks are about two years old but were just serviced by GT Thunder and new bushings put in. However, I would like to have a new set of shocks and would like to try the PEP. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GIXXER1KR
01-20-2007, 03:15 AM
My buddy has the PEPS for MX and loves em not to mention he was more than impressed with my Motowoz!!!Up to you though.Just cant beat the customer service you get with Jim and Motowoz i know a little off topic but a little FYI !!!

RICKY BOBBY
01-20-2007, 09:12 AM
WHY DON'T YOU JUST SEND THEM BACK TO AXIS AND REBUILD THEM FOR WHAT YOU WANT, FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICE, COSTUME AXIS ARE THE BEST SHOCK YOU CAN GET

fandl450r
01-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Although I ride MX. I had a set op 8 click peps on my bike for about a week, and then went right back to Axis. They seem to be a very plush riding shock but its all about preference.

GIXXER1KR
01-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Its all about how u have em set up!!U can tell them u want em plush or stiff.I dont know why people say this brand is stiff and this brand is soft.When i had mine built i was aked how i preferred my shocks and thats how i got em!!!:devil:

pudamac12
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
unless you get elka of course

DJJ450r
01-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by pudamac12
unless you get elka of course that's true:blah: I've never had PEP but I always thought there were more of an mx shock and not an XC, a guy I race with used to have them then he switched to axis.

hy250r
01-20-2007, 02:53 PM
I had a set of limited mass PEP's on my 250r for xc and I would prefer to have Axis any day over them.

woodsman250r
01-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Well I'd like to thank everyone for their replies. I think majority of you seem to be happier with Axis over PEP. I have zero complaints about my Axis shocks but was just curious to as how well PEP's performed. I think it would probaly be in my best interests just to keep the Axis shocks.