PDA

View Full Version : Help!! rebuild nightmares

Dune Surfer
09-24-2002, 07:02 PM
I need help from some experts. I took my 02 400ex in to a local shop to have a JE416 piston installed, When they sent the cylinder out to be bored the sleeve became loose, HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU? Keep in mind this is a new quad with say 75 hours on it. The shop wants to charge me either $175 for a custom sleeve or $365 for a new cylinder. I called bullsh*t. I went to another shop and they told me it was no problem just to heat the cylinder until the sleeve fell into place and I would be OK. What do I do? I know if I take it out of the first shop I will get Screwed and have to pay more someware else to have them put it all together again. HELP PLEASE

Big - D Racing
09-24-2002, 08:59 PM
I never heard of this before and don't see how that can happen, the sleeve should be pressed into the cylinder and shouldn't come out like that unless the shop was trying to take it out. I know your in San Diego County, so call Sam Coe Performance they know a lot about 416 kits and the owner has been building quads for like 20 years. He knows everything. Call him up at 619-448-7498. They should be open tomorrow from like 9-5. That is why I don't take any of my parts to small machine shops, I go right to the companies who build quads for a living and they have a great history with them.

Dune Surfer
09-24-2002, 10:04 PM
Thanks Big D , Ill call him tommorrow,