PDA

View Full Version : TPS , Advance on 450r and Turbo.

450rXtreme
01-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Ok I'm in the process of putting a Garrett GT 17 turbo on my 05'450r. It will be a suck through (hot air)type setup and well anyways long story short I know (think I know :-) )I can put about 8psi boost on the engine at stock CR . Well to get to the point how would I go about adjusting the TPS or disconnecting it and replacing it w/ some sort of resistor to keep it from advancing the timing when the boost kicks in the mid to upper rpm's to let it retard a little just to keep it from detonating and destroying my engine. AND what octane fuel will be needed.

Thanks Jason

desratt
01-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I have the dyna igniton programmer. and with it you can program all of that.

www.dynaonline.com

R3Concepts
01-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Use a Dyna for sure. The motor will live on a lot more then 8 lbs. On this one we ran 18 lbs, with a GT 28. Blow through will work fine, but will work better with the Lectron carb. You can use a stock carb without the TPS, and use the Dyna to pull it out of WOT timing.

450rXtreme
01-20-2007, 10:39 AM
The only reason I am not considering the blow through is the problem of running a fuel pump w/ regulator to the carb and setting the carb up to be run pressurized but having a coventional intercooler would yield alot more power (alot more money than I have to spend also) just want a simple cheap setup that will still gain about 30-35% MORE POWER would satisfy me if more woohoo just icing on the cake if you know what I mean. You think I could run the stock cdi w/ 8psi by just uping the octane to 108 leaded or so to prevent detonation? The reason I ask is I am not willing to ditch $400 into a dynatek or vortex ignition when I only have about $200 total in plumbing and the turbo. You have obviously done this and your help is appreciated.

Thanks Jason