PDA

View Full Version : TPS , Advance on 450r and Turbo.

450rXtreme
01-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Ok I'm in the process of putting a Garrett GT 17 turbo on my 05'450r. It will be a suck through (hot air)type setup and well anyways long story short I know (think I know :-) )I can put about 8psi boost on the engine at stock CR . Well to get to the point how would I go about adjusting the TPS or disconnecting it and replacing it w/ some sort of resistor to keep it from advancing the timing when the boost kicks in the mid to upper rpm's to let it retard a little just to keep it from detonating and destroying my engine. AND what octane fuel will be needed.

Thanks Jason

1fst400
01-19-2007, 02:08 PM
If I was you I would look into a programible igniton.

CDCHONDAS
01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
www.dynaonline.com

j28d
01-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Go to grmotorsports.com and do asearch on megasquirt. It' a cheap diy or premade fuel injection, boost, and timing controller. Most budget race cars, bikes, quads, and anything motorsports or radically swapped conversion vechicles cheapest, safest, and easy to use setup. It's laptop programmable, and the guys at the grm site can help set up the basic air /fuel programs, boost programs(electric boost controller). and advance or retard the timing at the ecm. You can also set up a toggle like dyna for different curves and boost levels so you can adjust on the fly and hit your hidden nos.