PDA

View Full Version : Flattrack/TT/Oval SW PA

5racing
01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
2007 Stony Brook Speedway will be adding youth classes to the program. We race every saturday night from April thru September. Located just off RT30 in Stoystown PA.

We really need to get youth riders out to support these classes. For rules and info check our site at www.stonybrookspeedway.com

Hetrick Racing
01-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Let me know what kind of racing it is oval or TT and I will help any way I can

etondaddy
01-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by 5racing
2007 Stony Brook Speedway will be adding youth classes to the program. We race every saturday night from April thru September. Located just off RT30 in Stoystown PA.

We really need to get youth riders out to support these classes. For rules and info check our site at www.stonybrookspeedway.com

Kyle always wanted to try flat track racing at least once. And that’s not far from our house we go to F.O.D all the time. But after reading the rules for the youth mod we’re going to be wider than 45”. He sure would like to try it.

LT80
01-19-2007, 07:22 AM
I can see a fat old man going south to TT race this year! :D

5racing
01-19-2007, 11:44 AM
The width was something i wasnt shure of. I couldnt find any info in the ATVA rules on width for the youth mod classes.What is the limit? Any info or input you guys have on this subject would be helpfull,as i will change the limit to allow mxers to run our shows.

We will run TT and Oval weekly youth riders will run the following
3 lap warm ups
5 lap heat races
8 lap TT feature Moto 1
8 lap Oval feature Moto 2
The combined point total from moto 1 and moto 2 will decide the overall winner for the evening.

Hetrick Racing thanks for the offer, we really need to spread the word and get riders out this year to keep the track open to us on saturday nights. Last year we ran fridays with the karts and they wouldnt allow us on the track untill they were finished for the evening (sometimes 11pm before we even hit the track) So to keep this going we need strong numbers weekly and i hope the youth classes can grow into something.

We are looking for event sponsors,aslong as the gate covers the insurance all the sponsor money will go into the purces for the riders.

etondaddy
01-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 5racing
The width was something i wasnt shure of. I couldnt find any info in the ATVA rules on width for the youth mod classes.What is the limit? Any info or input you guys have on this subject would be helpfull,as i will change the limit to allow mxers to run our shows.

50" this is out of the D5 rule book

7. Max. width for any ATV is 50”(see
AMA guide lines for spreader bar to check width)

etondaddy
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by LT80
I can see a fat old man going south to TT race this year! :D

I'll bring his 05' KFX80 (like new) you can take it home and do it up. !!!!!!!!

5racing
01-21-2007, 06:10 AM
I wasnt aware the minis were allowed to be that wide. Well if thats what the rules are elsewhere thats what we will go with.

I hope some of you guys can make it out this year.

LT80
01-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Yep, 50" for the mini's.