PDA

View Full Version : What Rear Set Up

450R-156
01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I am looking for a new rear shock in back on my 450R, I want to go with a Fox Podium to match the front Evols. Would I be best with the stock link, or a aftermarket one and if i should go with a the new Dual Speed Compression one or the old style

division4thor
01-21-2007, 11:15 PM
what year 450r do you have? bc i have an 04 and i had a JB PEP rear and i just got rid of it and i picked up the new JB dual link with fox podium to match my fox evols up front and it is the biggest differnce ever. but if you have an 06 baldwin makes a link for the stock swingarm that is the same as the jb dual link.

400exrider707
01-22-2007, 06:32 AM
You best bet is to call FOX and see what they recommend. They build the shock to certain specs, so they would know what they built it to best. Some shocks are designed to use them and some are not, it just all depends how it was designed. Also they should be able to help you out and see if the dual speed compression is really for you. They are the shock builders. You are paying them phenominal amounts of money, so you might as well get your moneys worth and make them do the work.;)