View Full Version : what do u guyz think

zach450rnut
01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
i just bought a new 07 450er and rode it four 3 hours and the chain came off so i called the dealer and they said they would take care of it we got a call a couple hours later and they said the honda claims guy would have to ok it. well when my chain came off it cracked the case and the guy doestnt want to cover it and he said it was an infortunit accendent and we wont cover it and hung up think i should take it to court i want to sue they cause i have a warranty and they wont cover it what is the warranty good for then

gbcap
01-18-2007, 02:42 PM
a chain needs adjustment....

thats all they have to say and it won't be under warranty. they don't have to cover wear items. the chain was loose or it wouldn't have come off...i wouldn't cover it if i was a dealership either. sorry about your luck.

keller45
01-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Doesn't matter he was only riding it for 3 hours. There must be a defect somewhere
in that chain or it wasnt tightened correctly from Honda. I would take it to court

honda4life72
01-18-2007, 02:56 PM
i think your crazy ( u asked so i told) it is your fault that u didnot check the chain after buying it or even after riding it ..... it is not hondas fault its yours.....and why does everybody these days have to sue? just deal with it

GIXXER1KR
01-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Live and learn!!!Fix it and buy a regina chain and sprockets!!!(sidewinder)

pro-rider46
01-18-2007, 04:58 PM
i wouldnt take it to court just yet i would call honda directly and see what they have to say. if that doesn't work i would take it to court but not to sue just to get your bike fixed if that doesnt go oveer well tough luck plus sueing for stupid reasons is for scumbuckets any way im not calling you a scumbucket or anything just saying

313racing
01-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Guys, don't bust his chops he was asking for a opinion on whether not to sue. I had the same problem it cost me $600 roughly to by the right crankcase along with all the gaskets, and everything else it was ridiculous. I mean it sounds like you had a defect or something. But after legal fees and all the time and stuff, it's just not worth to sue. Next time you might want to by a TM designs or noss machine case saver. I might have left something out but good-luck with that crap.

Thanks,
MDRracing
Cody

honda4life72
01-18-2007, 05:10 PM
plus if u sue them can't they counter sue u?

byrdman37876
01-18-2007, 11:32 PM
well let's see where to start.....first off is the "warranty". 3 hours of riding and u split the case. sounds like the factory had a screw up to me when they serviced it ( any body see where this is going ).when u buy a new quad the dealer ship is supposed to check it over really good. they should have checked the chain also like they ( just a guess they did ) checked the oil and coolant.

if i were u i would call the big wheels at honda. if that did'nt work i would call the bbb.

the chain is in fact from the factory so they should have to fix the damage.

just my thoughts but if they did'nt fix it under warranty then i would see them in court.

zach450rnut
01-19-2007, 08:50 AM
well i talk to honda and they said they wouldnt fix it but the dealership i bought from said they would just charge me labor the case side is 500 and the laber is 400 but i only have to pay the labor 400 is it worth it and a couple of u guyz were nice at replying but i couple i dont care for i was askin for an opinion not to get ran down let me know what u think again pleez

ckasper18
01-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Case half is $300.00 plus gaskets........

My new 06 chain stretched within a hour of riding it hard so i needed to adjust the chain.I beilieve what your saying is warrenty should cover everything no matter what i am affraid to say this but it does not cover wear items such as chain and sprockets brake pads headlight bulbs etc.

You purchased a high performance quad if you read the owners manual it tells youto inspect the quad before every ride i look mine over after evry ride even on the trail we stop for a drink i look it over.

lumi
01-19-2007, 09:37 AM
wow some guys on this forum are tight....

i would sue... the manual asks for inital after break in 20 hours to inspect and adjust than after that every 300 miles or 50 operating miles and u ony had it for 3 hours.... def. there resonsiblilty... u could have died cuz they didnt prep ur quad right.. call honda of north america and fight with them u will def get things done... i know for a fact, dont listen to no one... just call them and fight

btw im not sure but my manual doesnt even say to adjust its says to I and L which means inspect and lubricate and not the A for adjust under the service hours.

jmho unless im missing something.

-lumi

byrdman37876
01-19-2007, 09:46 AM
well that is my opinion also. i mean why would u want to buy something new and come home and start having to work on it. yes it is a high performance quad but to me that is the dealer ships responsability to inspect it before u took it home.......i still say it is there fault not yours.:cuss:

y3llow400ex
01-19-2007, 10:25 AM
thats why i hate anything with a warrenty now days weather it be a quad or a truck or car. no one wants to stand behind their product. Your chain shouldnt have popped off in the first three hours. Those first three hours were probabley not even hard hours since it wasnt even broke in yet. warrentys are bs and just make you feel good about what your buying. this is why i will never buy a brand new truck again, take it in for warrenty work and i get a "well i didnt hear or see anything wrong", well im not here at the dealership for my health dip ****. oh yeah, do your self a favor and buy a good case saver after you get it fixed.

byrdman37876
01-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by y3llow400ex
thats why i hate anything with a warrenty now days weather it be a quad or a truck or car. no one wants to stand behind their product. Your chain shouldnt have popped off in the first three hours. Those first three hours were probabley not even hard hours since it wasnt even broke in yet. warrentys are bs and just make you feel good about what your buying. this is why i will never buy a brand new truck again, take it in for warrenty work and i get a "well i didnt hear or see anything wrong", well im not here at the dealership for my health dip ****. oh yeah, do your self a favor and buy a good case saver after you get it fixed.

100% agreed on that.:)

Zeke
01-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Don't get mad at Honda for your problems. You should get mad at these stupid little dealerships who try to get your money any way possible! To Honda a couple hundred bucks is nothing, but to an employee of a Honda dealership that sale of a couple hundred means more money for him. So why would he say it is under warrenty? You just have to rembmber this world revolves around MONEY!!

byrdman37876
01-19-2007, 08:38 PM
first off...zach450rnut i have an 07 also (er}. and my dealership checked it out to the last bolt. the chain problem IS NOT YOUR FAULT ( sorry for the yelling ). u rode 3 hour's on it and the chain broke. i still say that is there fault and the warrenty should cover it. oh yeah any body that say's other wise is the IDIOT. why do u buy the warrenty and get screwed over like this. put your self in his shoes.
:grr:

y3llow400ex
01-19-2007, 10:07 PM
and for anyone who said its this dudes fault bs. if it was your brand new quad 3 hours into breaking it in you would be doing the same thing.

Punk'd
01-20-2007, 05:43 PM
WTF is wrong with some of you guys. The thing was brand new why would he have to check his cam chain?

Its the manufacturers fault they didnt check everything before it was sold.

If it happened to some of you guys you would be pissed too:rolleyes:

byrdman37876
01-20-2007, 07:59 PM
hey punk'd it was his drive chain. not the cam but yeah either way they should fix it.

honda4life72
01-20-2007, 08:07 PM
well i check my crap ever hour or so when i first buy it ... dealers don't check crap and plus i just paid 5 grand or so for it i am going to keep it in tip top shape ..but thats just me u may be different

byrdman37876
01-20-2007, 08:21 PM
i agree with u. i check my stuff also. u are a smart man for checking your quad your self . the dealer just wants to make a buck they don't care if u blow it up.

woodsman250r
01-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Did your chain come off the sprockets from being too loose or did it actually break and go into the case? A new chain is going to stretch no matter what in the first few hours and you have to keep checking it. Sounds like lack of maintainence on his part if the chain was loose and came off and I wouldn't fix it either if I were the dealer. Also the stock chains are made by DID so you would probaly have to contact them if it actually broke.

Punk'd
01-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by byrdman37876
hey punk'd it was his drive chain. not the cam but yeah either way they should fix it.

Oh wow.. Misread I guess:D

Thats a diffrent story then.

Zeke
01-21-2007, 04:49 PM
If you give the dealership 6800 or w/e the cost they should damn well help you fix that chain! Just try a bunch of different places. If you have to drive to get what you want then who cares. Not every dealership is filled with caring loving employees that don't want money.

450rXtreme
01-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Agreed but it is still the riders responability to check his/her bike over before every ride and in most cases 90% of the ppl that own atv's abuse them. I'm not going to get into theorectical bs w/ anyone but say Joe Smoe here decides he wants to go jumping his new atv over trailers at his trailer park and breaks an axle 10min. after he gets home, should he pay for it or warranty? A bunch of ppl would say the warranty even tho it is obviously the *********s fault for the breaking axle. He claims a warranty fix on it and who gets the bill? The next guy who buys an atv from that manufacturer. Point is it is ppl that claim bs is why Honda, Kawasaki, etc. are the way they are about claims like this because other ppl have screwed them. Pay for the labor and be happy they even gave you that.:eek2:

byrdman37876
01-21-2007, 05:36 PM
no bs? well u just jumped in it. he has a 3 hour old quad that just had a hickup. would u be pissed off if u bought one like that???

byrdman37876
01-21-2007, 05:40 PM
oh by the way it is built for jumping and raising a little he!!. the dealers know it so they should have checked it over.

i still say the dealer should fix it!!!!:grr:

JW450R1
01-21-2007, 06:09 PM
wow thats suxs.when u purchased your 450r,did u pay for prep and installation?hummmmmm

pro-rider46
01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
hey the guy wasnt jumping trailers or any thing he was just riding the thing and the chain snapped plus the chain could have tore open his leg or something i say te dealer should pay for it

ricks450
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
i think they didnt tighten the bolts good and the carrier loosed up. i dont think the chain would have stretched that much in 3 hours. i think they messed up, but proving that is going to be hard. and warranties aint worth a **** on anything even my truck. i got the extended warranty on mine and from what ive have learned if you take your bike in and they look at it and they call honda and they decline. your stuck paying the labor for them to look at it. even just to see if it is covered. thats bull****, i just said the he!! with it and just pay for whatever and fix it myself. so i started modifing mine. i would say something and if they started to say a bounch of bull**** . just fix it yourself and learn from it. good luck man :).

JW450R1
01-22-2007, 05:58 AM
if u paid for prep,and installation maybe u can get them on that.i no what u mean.i have issues with honda and my4x4 rincon right know.they have had it for a week now.:grr:

honda4life72
01-22-2007, 07:04 AM
u said it cracked the case right? well shouldn't the stock case saver stop it from doing that?

JW450R1
01-22-2007, 10:52 AM
well i've seen where the stock case saver doen't save it like the after market ones do.i still say if it wasnt prepped and set-up properly when it was sold to u,it could of been like a mis built and honda should be responseable for it

MXracer16
01-22-2007, 02:26 PM
If the chain just fell off, thats your fault. When you first get a chain, it stretches enough that you would have to adjust it within the first few hours. If it actually snapped, then its not your fault, or Hondas. It would be the chain manufactuer.

TRX450R989
01-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Here is mine guys!!! nothing much but dont need anything more to win obviously!!! (mines on the left!! lil bros on the right)

Zeke
01-22-2007, 06:45 PM
If you want to fix it and your dealer won't do it under warrenty then you need to move on to the NEXT dealer. It all depends on who you come across for warrenties and what kind of person the service manager is. I work at a Honda auto dealer as a tech and my service manager sqrews us over all the time because he tells everyone it is covered by warrentee. I had to replace a scratched rim and a scratched door pannel, and it was under warrenty!!! Now how can that be Hondas fault??

just more of my 2 cents