PDA

View Full Version : Mmi

firefighterjosh
01-18-2007, 02:19 AM
I have been looking for ATV Classes/institutes to help me get a better job that I enjoy.

I can't really find much but I found the one everyone has heard of...MMI Motorcycle Mechanice Institute.

Is this place any good? Or is it just a rip off?

Also if you know of any good places to go let me know.

400EXTRA
01-18-2007, 01:59 PM
my sisters boyfriend goes to uti to be a diesel mechanic.

A A R O N
01-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I visited the Orlando campus about a month ago. I was kind of skeptical at first because of things I've read on the internet and from hearing people talk the place down, but I was actually impressed.

My guess is that most of the people on here will tell you what they heard from somebody who heard from somebody who heard from somebody's sister's cousin that it is a rip-off.

After actually touring the place with an actual tour guide I can say that you definetely would get what you paid for. They have a very nice facility and they are planning on adding more options in the near future. There are a bunch of specialized classrooms and tools to aid in the learning process, plus they have TONS of brand new bikes, quads, jet ski's, road bikes, etc.... even snow-mobiles.....yes in Orlando lol.

It seems like they take everything very seriously and you wouldn't be able to graduate from there without really knowing your stuff.

I think where people get these ideas that it's not a worthwile place is when somebody graduates from there and doesn't end up with the perfect job. They have a lot of hookups with factories and manufacturers but you would have to use that to your advantage and try to recieve some of the top student awards in order to really stand out and get a kick *** job. I think some people just go there and go back home expecting to be paid top dollar right off the bat.

Overall, it seems like a great place....there's really no wasting your money if you graduate....the key is probably just to stay applied and not get lazy, or expect things to fall into place for you.

maxamillion
01-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I'll be heading out to MMI in Phoenix this coming July. Im going to go check it out this spring and get me apartment and stuff picked out. I have a couple buddies that go to Orlando. They said its real basic stuff the first few weeks. Then it gets a little more in depth. One good thing is that you will not get much homework at all because almost everything is hands on. Im planning on taking my quad out to Phoenix and hitting up Glamis Dunes.

hardkoratvmxr
01-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by maxamillion
I'll be heading out to MMI in Phoenix this coming July. Im going to go check it out this spring and get me apartment and stuff picked out. I have a couple buddies that go to Orlando. They said its real basic stuff the first few weeks. Then it gets a little more in depth. One good thing is that you will not get much homework at all because almost everything is hands on. Im planning on taking my quad out to Phoenix and hitting up Glamis Dunes.

I will be heading to the phoenix campus during my spring break to have a visit and hopefully the summer of 08' I will be attending MMI of Phoenix

maxamillion
01-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Thats cool, what made you decide to go to Phoenix? Im not to far away from you. I live in Dale and go to Heritage Hills High School.

hardkoratvmxr
01-18-2007, 08:16 PM
yea i know where heritage hills is i am going to phoenix just because more places to ride my fourwheeler i will be attending with a buddy and just because it is close to san diego like 4 hours (beach, girls< etc) kinda close to colorado (something like 8 hours (mountains, girls, etc) and just simply because it is farther from home like 17 18 hours or something like that i believe

firefighterjosh
01-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
I visited the Orlando campus about a month ago. I was kind of skeptical at first because of things I've read on the internet and from hearing people talk the place down, but I was actually impressed.

My guess is that most of the people on here will tell you what they heard from somebody who heard from somebody who heard from somebody's sister's cousin that it is a rip-off.

After actually touring the place with an actual tour guide I can say that you definetely would get what you paid for. They have a very nice facility and they are planning on adding more options in the near future. There are a bunch of specialized classrooms and tools to aid in the learning process, plus they have TONS of brand new bikes, quads, jet ski's, road bikes, etc.... even snow-mobiles.....yes in Orlando lol.

It seems like they take everything very seriously and you wouldn't be able to graduate from there without really knowing your stuff.

I think where people get these ideas that it's not a worthwile place is when somebody graduates from there and doesn't end up with the perfect job. They have a lot of hookups with factories and manufacturers but you would have to use that to your advantage and try to recieve some of the top student awards in order to really stand out and get a kick *** job. I think some people just go there and go back home expecting to be paid top dollar right off the bat.

Overall, it seems like a great place....there's really no wasting your money if you graduate....the key is probably just to stay applied and not get lazy, or expect things to fall into place for you.

I might have to check it out. I was on there website and looked at some things but do you have to pick a specific field....Yamaha, honda, suzuki or can you take a basic all around class?