PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Questions about the predator, please help

Cook 256North
01-18-2007, 12:31 AM
im new to the predator scene, so help me out.
1. im wondering if after you put a pipe on the predator you allways have to rejett the carb or if there are pipes that dont require pipe jetting. my second question is, what is the quitest pipe besides stock, i was thinking about a pure polaris pipe.

2. i am looking for alot more torque, so i ordered some sprockets, 1 down in the front and 1 up in the back. was this a good idea.

3. any other suggestions or knowledge about the predator i should know would be great.

thanks,

bradley300
01-18-2007, 05:27 AM
i really like the pure polaris pipe. gave a noticeable improvement in low end and all at 96 decibels

smokinwrench
01-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Cook 256North
im new to the predator scene, so help me out.
1. im wondering if after you put a pipe on the predator you allways have to rejett the carb or if there are pipes that dont require pipe jetting. my second question is, what is the quitest pipe besides stock, i was thinking about a pure polaris pipe.

2. i am looking for alot more torque, so i ordered some sprockets, 1 down in the front and 1 up in the back. was this a good idea.

3. any other suggestions or knowledge about the predator i should know would be great.

thanks,

Yes to get maximum performance you need to rejet. Jetting is easy there are steps on this site that make it easy step by step process. YOu should also look into an aftermarket intake.

Ordering sprockets the way you did will lower your top end and give you more low end grunt. 1 tooth on the front is equal to 3 teeth on the rear.

Don't let any Honda, Yamaha riders give you any crap, the Predator is way better then what they say. They will agree when your in the lead.

Cook 256North
01-19-2007, 12:33 AM
i agree, ive owned a raptor and riden a trx and i would say the predator is a much better designed quad. the only thing i dont like about it is the lack of low end grunt, this is why i am changing the sprockets. please let me know what the quitest pipes are. i want to get a pipe but dont want it loud at all.

thanks for the help.

Cook 256North
01-19-2007, 02:05 AM
if anybody has a quite pipe or air filter for sale let me know. anything else you guys have for sale let me know.

smokinwrench
01-19-2007, 05:36 AM
I have this intake http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showdetl.cfm?&DID=29&Product_ID=2874&CATID=248

I also have this exhaust. http://www.dmc-on-line.com/alien.html

It is dang loud at wide open thorttle, but fairly quiet at lower rpms. They make a quiet core for it, not sur ehow quiet it makes it or how it performs with it. I have had my predator on the dyno at 47.4 hp (I think thats what it was). My predator has unreal power over stock. All of this will be forsale in a couple weeks when my 525 outlaw comes in.

I would guess the quietest pipe is the pure polaris (WB) pipe. The slip on builds good power also.