PDA

View Full Version : Are Rhinos Sold Completely Backordered Everywhere??

mephyst
01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
I don't know about you guys, but it is impossible to find a rhino 660 anywhere in Southern California!!! What about you guys across the country??? And how much are they going for OTD? They are selling for 11k OTD here for the most basic modeled ones. 12.2k for the SE.

firefighterjosh
01-17-2007, 11:27 PM
The dealer close to me has 3 of them. I think they are ranging 9 - 11k

Ralph
01-17-2007, 11:54 PM
what about that new polaris???? check out the homepage!!

mephyst
01-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
what about that new polaris???? check out the homepage!!

I'm not really interested in anything but a Rhino, especially after buying this DVD explaining all the differences between the manufacturers. They make it seem like there is no competition really in functioning and quality. They definitely got me to see differences between all the different "side x side" models and to me they aren't even close in comparison... :)

firefighterjosh
01-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
I'm not really interested in anything but a Rhino, especially after buying this DVD explaining all the differences between the manufacturers. They make it seem like there is no competition really in functioning and quality. They definitely got me to see differences between all the different "side x side" models and to me they aren't even close in comparison... :)

What DVD? I watch the Polaris DVD and it was also the best. You really gotta ride them all in order to choose

mephyst
01-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Order it for free... (http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/outdoor/media_content_outdoor_46c6a.swf)

There it is... I think you'll be impressed. :) I got mine a few weeks ago.

firefighterjosh
01-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
Order it for free... (http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/outdoor/media_content_outdoor_46c6a.swf)

There it is... I think you'll be impressed. :) I got mine a few weeks ago.

Thats a "YAMAHA" DVD. Its going to be Biased towards the Yami.

But you are right the rhino is the best out "right now"

Atleast take a look at the new polaris. its looks pretty cool.

Take a looky:)

http://www.atvriders.com/atvmodels/polaris2008ranger800rzrutv.html

dur911bleh
01-18-2007, 02:39 AM
when we got our rhino all the dealers around so cal had waiting lists..
drove up to the Fresno area to get ours in early December..

01-18-2007, 04:08 AM
No waiting list over here, you can walk in, buy one and leave with one.

redrocker
01-18-2007, 07:03 AM
check Santa Barbara,Lompoc or Santa Maria C.A. I have seen
them at the shops

Scro
01-18-2007, 09:19 AM
They've got a couple sitting out front around here.

honda4life72
01-18-2007, 10:14 AM
we had a rhino ...never jumped it or abused it just trail rode it and used it for hunting

broke frame where it hods diff in the rear
broke a axle
some engine stuff in about a 1 month period

and we don't even ride hard

shano
01-18-2007, 10:27 AM
That Razr looks pretty good, I just wish the rhino had a bigger motor...

30liveStar
01-18-2007, 10:30 AM
They are EXPENSIVE - or i would have already bought one... Does anyone have anything positive to say about them? Like what can you actually do with them...? i think they would be fun - but really no more than a glorified golfcart in my eyes... Might be useful for the injured riders, but id rather be on a quad or bike.

mephyst
01-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 30liveStar
They are EXPENSIVE - or i would have already bought one... Does anyone have anything positive to say about them? Like what can you actually do with them...? i think they would be fun - but really no more than a glorified golfcart in my eyes... Might be useful for the injured riders, but id rather be on a quad or bike.

Rhinos are amazing!!!! With a few mods you can really wake them up. Clutch kit mod, air filter, pipe, a rev limiter chip, and porting and polishing brings them up to life big time. People around here cruise all over the dunes with them and they are a blast for adults, kids and the injured! :) I just recently broke my back over Thanksgiving and still recovering. I posted last night in the sticky at the top in the one kids "never give up" video thread with a few pictures if you'd like to check it out. I'm doing pretty well now.

Anyways, back to the topic! I've been to multiple dealers and they are all sold out! Even if they are on their floor they are already sold and they want to put you on a waiting list! I am specifically looking for the new red one too. :) I've been on the list at LA Yamaha for quite some time now.....