PDA

View Full Version : Funny State Police

firefighterjosh
01-17-2007, 10:54 PM
I saw this on another forum

In most of the United States , there is a policy of checking on any stalled vehicle on the highway when the temperatures drop to single digits or below. About 3 AM, one very cold morning, Trooper Allan Nixon #658 responded to a call there was a car off the shoulder of the road outside Shattuck. He located the car, stuck in deep snow, and with the engine still running. Pulling in behind the car with his emergency lights on, the Trooper walked to the driver's door to find an older man passed out behind the wheel with a nearly empty vodka bottle on he seat beside him.

The driver came awake when the Trooper tapped on the window. Seeing the rotating lights in his rearview mirror, and the State Trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the gearshift into 'drive' and hit the gas. The car's speedometer was showing 20-30-40 and then 50 mph, but it was still stuck in the snow, wheels spinning.
Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next to the speeding (but stationary) car.
The driver was totally freaked, thinking the Trooper was actually keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the Trooper yelled, "Pull over!"
The man nodded, turned his wheel, and stopped the engine.
Needless to say, the man from Dumas, Texas was arrested, and is probably still shaking his head over the State Trooper in Oklahoma who could run 50 miles per hour."

Who says Trooper's don't have a sense of humor?

Pappy
01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
the man from Dumas, Texas

ironic eh?

firefighterjosh
01-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
ironic eh?

Thats what I thought:o

smr
01-18-2007, 06:39 AM
they interviewed this state trooper on the news. He actually started to run in place when the guy started spinning his wheels. the cop said the guy really freacked out when he saw him "running" beside the car.

CHEVYZ
01-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Aww man, that is funny right there! :p

gbcap
01-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I saw this on another forum

In most of the United States , there is a policy of checking on any stalled vehicle on the highway when the temperatures drop to single digits or below. About 3 AM, one very cold morning, Trooper Allan Nixon #658 responded to a call there was a car off the shoulder of the road outside Shattuck. He located the car, stuck in deep snow, and with the engine still running. Pulling in behind the car with his emergency lights on, the Trooper walked to the driver's door to find an older man passed out behind the wheel with a nearly empty vodka bottle on he seat beside him.

The driver came awake when the Trooper tapped on the window. Seeing the rotating lights in his rearview mirror, and the State Trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the gearshift into 'drive' and hit the gas. The car's speedometer was showing 20-30-40 and then 50 mph, but it was still stuck in the snow, wheels spinning.
Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next to the speeding (but stationary) car.
The driver was totally freaked, thinking the Trooper was actually keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the Trooper yelled, "Pull over!"
The man nodded, turned his wheel, and stopped the engine.
Needless to say, the man from Dumas, Texas was arrested, and is probably still shaking his head over the State Trooper in Oklahoma who could run 50 miles per hour."

Who says Trooper's don't have a sense of humor?

anyone have the link to the story?...funny joke non the less.

CBRSLIDER
01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Got a personal story for ya. One night my buddy and I were working the 11-7 shift and found a guy passed out behind the wheel partially on the berm and still on the road. His car was running still and he was drunker than a skunk. I learned quick that you don't just pound on their window to wake them up. My buddy Smitty got into the passenger side and turned off the car, then I began to tap on the driver's side window. I finally got the driver to wake up. He looked up at me real shocked and started grabbin gears. He was shifting like a mad man and mashing the gas all the way to the floor. I was yelling "he's running on us Smitty." And he then realized my buddy was still sitting in the passenger front seat. He would look at him then look at me and would hammer down on the gas. If I would have been thinking instead of laughing my *** off, I would have started running in place but the look on this guys face of intense "I'm gonna get away from these cops." was too much. He finally realized we weren't going away and that his car was not running. He ended up being a .25% bac.

Just one of many funny stories from my short career.

Ray

coolguy8769
01-19-2007, 05:31 AM
^^^ hahaha that ones hilarious cause your partner went in the passenger seat!!

never drink and drive you'll be made fun of by people online....:scary:

robjohn74
01-19-2007, 09:51 AM
rolmmfao......

krt400ex
01-19-2007, 10:30 AM
that is funny as hell...lmfao i woulda loved to have seen that :D

suzukigirl
01-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
that is funny as hell...lmfao i woulda loved to have seen that :D

firefighterjosh
01-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
anyone have the link to the story?...funny joke non the less.

I don't know the link. I think that is why people think it is fake. Which could be true

Which 450?
01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/outrun.asp