PDA

View Full Version : long travel

nlramsey0688
01-17-2007, 10:29 PM
i want to purchase long travel along with suspension for my ltr and also an extended swing arm... any suggestions?

suzukiray
01-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Laeger & Elkas! Ray.

nlramsey0688
01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
right on man thanks, ill check em out.

inragedtwitch
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
No way man, go with a walsh a-arms+swing and get some axis shocks they are REALLY expensive but def worth the buy.

Axis Shocks (http://janssenmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=146)

WalshRC (http://www.wrcracing.com/home.htm)

HiperEX
01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
I have some Laegers/Motowoz on the way should be here within the next few weeks im hoping

mike's fleet
01-18-2007, 09:02 AM
go with the walsh fox or axis combo if you need a set of front shocks i have a set of axis titanium ill sell you and id stay with the stock length swingarm save your money and change the linkage

apollo
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Can't go wrong with ATV-Four Play and Fox

nlramsey0688
01-18-2007, 09:45 PM
im not to sure exactly which one im going with yet but ill let you know... its probably going to be a couple of months though.. but one more thing does anyone run racing gas in their bike if so what octane and did you mix it with anything? oh yeah and do they have a desert tank out yet for the ltr?

trompen542
01-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Koq and Fox, works great and won't eat your wallet

rob-u/21
01-19-2007, 08:28 AM
This is a very broad question. I dont think there is one best set up so you will get a lot of different answers. I have a V2 Product front end which gives you maximum ground clearance and puts you LT-R at 50 inches with a stock wheel offset. Along with my V2 Product front end I have a set of TCS Triple Rate shocks. I have raced with WORKS, ELKA, AXIS and until now the TCS shocks have outperformed all of the other shocks. A lot of people overlook TCS cause they dont do all the marketing others do and are less expenssive but they are right up there with the rest.

LTR450_#67
01-19-2007, 08:55 AM
I would stay away from Elka for sure! My buddy has them on his Honda with Houser components and they just plain suck! They are WAY soft in the front and in the rear you can't attack whoops like most others and thats after making the adjustments Elka said to do. My stockers have a better feeling than them and even my buddy with the honda will vouche for that! There are some great set-ups out but ELKA is definitely not in the picture with them. I rode a racing buddy of mines LTR450 with a JB-Racing/PEP set up that was just awesome.

Later
Aaron

CdaleXtreme
01-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Everyone on here will tell you something different.

I will tell you two things.

1. It is your money, dont let somone else decide for you. Do some research and decide from there. Remember you get what you pay for.

2. Dont buy an extended swing-arm, there is no real benefit, only slowing down your cornering, which is what makes the LT-R so good in the first place.

rob-u/21
01-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Yes, IMS makes a desert tank. And race gas will benefit you much if you dont have a high compression piston.

WORCSYFZ199
01-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Definitley go with Roll Design A-arms, you can't beat them, nearly every pro desert racer uses them because they will hold up the best. As far as shocks...I'm not sure there, my Elka's work good but they have had to been revaled and everything, and I've also never really had experience with other shock companies.

philys21
01-20-2007, 07:14 AM
whatever you do stay away from Elka unless you just want to send them right back to get re-vavled.

05Z400rdr
01-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by philys21
whatever you do stay away from Elka unless you just want to send them right back to get re-vavled.

im not tryin to be a smart*** or anything, but i dont know really anything about aftermarket shocks...and i thought that u have to send any brand of shocks back....? like elka, ishock, fox, works, etc. am i right or not....cuz i never delt with aftermarket shocks..

rob-u/21
01-20-2007, 08:30 AM
and i thought that u have to send any brand of shocks back....?

There is no reason why you should have to send your shocks back to get revalved if they are valved correctly the first time. That is why you are asked a lot of questions regarding your weight, height, riding style, etc.... In my honest opinion, if you want a shock that you will like as soon as you bolt them on and take them for a spin go with TCS. Their valving is spot on. You will love them and you will love the fact that you didn't spend what you would have spent on PEP, ELKA, AXIS, Motowoz, or FOX. Do a search and you will find that everyone will only say positive things about TCS.

honda250xrider
01-20-2007, 08:42 AM
i have also heard tcs has really great vavling, but just because you give the company all your info regaurding the questions they ask you does not mean they will get the vavling right... some companies have what it takes to vavle every shock correctly some don't.

rob-u/21
01-20-2007, 10:42 AM
but just because you give the company all your info regaurding the questions they ask you does not mean they will get the vavling right

I see what you are saying, but in my mind that is what you are spending big bucks on. And if a shock builder is known for bad valving then I would buy from one which is know to sell good shocks.

z400rida44
01-20-2007, 11:13 AM
if it was my money i would probably go with the walsh and fox combo.

nlramsey0688
01-20-2007, 09:35 PM
i aprreciate all the advice, keep it coming...

snox31
01-21-2007, 02:36 PM
i run fox evols with stock arms and they work great,i can't say it would be better than lt set up but for the money it is sweet.the rear is not the best yet it is a podium x,it seems to blow through the travel to fast in the whoops, who re-valves fox that is the best,i sent it back to fox and it still isn't as ggood as it should be.

nlramsey0688
01-21-2007, 09:32 PM
if i get the fox evols right now and later on down the road get roll design long travel would i have to change the shocks again or could i use the same ones?

TTZ450
01-22-2007, 09:06 AM
All of the aftermarket companies build great shocks.. If some of you guys have gotten shocks that were not right its your own fault.. All you have to do is tell them your weight, your bike, and exactly what you are going to use them for.. So if you order some TT shocks and you go out to the MX track with them they will beat you to death...

snox31
01-22-2007, 03:19 PM
if you get shocks for stock a arms and then get long travel later you will need new shocks.but the ones for stocks arms will be a easy sell but you will get 1/2 of what you paid for them,so keep stock shocks and save your money to get it all as a package.I also ordered my shocks for my weight and all stock parts but the rear fox still seems too soft.it is supposed to be for 220 lbs.and would be good for 180 i think