PDA

View Full Version : gas leaking out of overflow tube whaen gas is on

honda416exman
09-24-2002, 05:15 PM
when i turn my gas on it just comes rite out the overflow tubes, i tried cleaning the carb and i put it back togetther, and it was fine, but when i came back and washed it it started leaking again. please help! i have a race sun.

???????
thanks

09-24-2002, 05:32 PM
tap the float bowl with a soft object like a screwdriver handle.

hippy440
09-24-2002, 09:21 PM
this may sound stupid but make sure the float bowl drain screw on the choke side of the carb is tight !!!!!!!!! the screw is on the side of the carb bowl!!!! it happened to me once and drove me nuts for about two hours till i figured it out!!!!!:grr

Big - D Racing
09-24-2002, 10:15 PM
The problem is defitnely your floats. They are stuck up, which is causing gas to enter the carb, but it has no where to go but your overdrain tube. Like SMA said, "tap the float bowl." Hopefully that will knock them lose, if not you have to take the carb off and remove the float bowl. Once removed, move your floats up and down.ake sure they can move freely and nothing is in their way. In case you don't know, the float bowl is on the bottom of the carb. The floats are inside it and are easy to spot, they are big and usually plastic and on a pivot point so they can move up and down. When you take it off you'll see them and they should be moving freely, put it back on and it should work fine.

spliffy
09-25-2002, 08:30 AM
Its A Stuck Float Or A Worn Down Needle & Seat Valve , Its What Your Float Hooks Onto To Allow Gas To Enter The Bowl (Its Under The Float) It Gets Worn & Won't Seal (Doesn't Take Much To Leak) , Just Buy A Rebuild Kit & It Will Have It In There , Replace It & You Should Be Good , It Happens On Snowmobiles Alot..... :)

DarkStarRacing
09-25-2002, 09:31 AM
yep its the float bowl hapend to me a few months ago :grr

Juggalo
09-25-2002, 02:55 PM
like that one guy said make sure that screw is tight cuz if its not it'll drain your float bowl.