PDA

View Full Version : long travel a-arms or reg +2's?

outlawed1
01-17-2007, 08:37 PM
I am a weekend warrior who weighs 165 and rides mx and xc. Want to know if it is worth spending the $$ on the lt arms with elka's or should I have the stockers re-dun w/double spring and +2's. I have the money for either just dont know if its worth it.

IOWAracer
01-17-2007, 09:42 PM
go +1 houser Lt good for mx and xc and get you some 4 to 1 wheels for xc and some 3 to 2 wheels for mx to ge the +1 width for mx thats what i would do

SRH
01-18-2007, 04:39 PM
if you dont race dont waste the money its not worth it to just go out and have fun i think the revalved stockers would be fine, now if you get heavy into one or the other then spend the money to set your quad up right to race but otherwise just enjoy it

RICKY BOBBY
01-19-2007, 08:46 AM
1ST THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A WEEKEND WARRIOR. YOU EITHER ARE A WARRIOR OR YOUR NOT. SO IF YOUR A WARRIOR GO OUT AND GET YOURSELF THE RIGHT SUSPENSION AND DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON CHEAP SUBSTITUTES. 2ND DON'T BUY ELKA, HERE THERE HORRIBLE, AND THERE MADE IN CANDA. GET YOURSELF A NICE SET OF COSTUME AXIS OR PEPS. AND REMEMBER IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST.

IOWAracer
01-19-2007, 11:32 PM
sorry but that last post was about retarded sorry dude cant help myself

Elka is a great brand many top riders are raceing and winning with it dont diss it if you havent even tried it hear say isnt always true....not dissing on pep or axis at all i would take them if i felt thats what i wanted...on the other notes why spend just a little bit when u have the money to get it all you get what you pay for and if your get LT your gonna be extremely happy over just stock rebuilds...and the weekend warrior thing hmmmm work dearing the week play on the weekend weekend warrior sounds like the right thing to call it and there is even a trailer company named after it hmm but im prolly wrong:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DJJ450r
01-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
sorry but that last post was about retarded sorry dude cant help myself

Elka is a great brand many top riders are raceing and winning with it dont diss it if you havent even tried it hear say isnt always true....not dissing on pep or axis at all i would take them if i felt thats what i wanted...on the other notes why spend just a little bit when u have the money to get it all you get what you pay for and if your get LT your gonna be extremely happy over just stock rebuilds...and the weekend warrior thing hmmmm work dearing the week play on the weekend weekend warrior sounds like the right thing to call it and there is even a trailer company named after it hmm but im prolly wrong:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Elkas do suck broc, I've rode on them and so have many other people who feel the same as I do, The top riders are getting paid to run elkas, custom axis doesn't give there shocks away like elka does. And secondly I guarantee elka isn't doing the shock work on them. You would be just fine getting stock rebuilds and std travel a-arms, actually probably be better than LT elkas:blah:

IOWAracer
01-20-2007, 05:55 PM
im running elkas and i love them i know its all personal personal preference i know lots of guys taht like elka better then axis or just dont give a crap as long as its not stock just a little more of my 2 cents

RICKY BOBBY
01-23-2007, 03:06 PM
why don't you save your two cents and buy axis

IOWAracer
01-25-2007, 09:05 PM
lol sorry my personal preference wasnt the same as your ricky really sorry bud you know i will sell my shocks and buy axis so i can be jsut like you ha :rolleyes:

Blizzard24
01-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by outlawed1
I am a weekend warrior who weighs 165 and rides mx and xc. Want to know if it is worth spending the $$ on the lt arms with elka's or should I have the stockers re-dun w/double spring and +2's. I have the money for either just dont know if its worth it.

Unless you are an A Class Racer in the WPSA or GNC/GNCC series, just find a reputable shock rebuilder and have them set up your stock shocks and go with the width you want for a arms. Sending the shocks to someone like GT Thunder will get you what you are looking for.