PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Ranger Rzr Press Launch

Admin
01-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Phoenix, AZ - Polaris invited the media out to Arizona the beginning of the week to test ride the all-new Ranger Rzr 800, which was originally suppose to be kept a secret till April 1st, but due to numerous Internet leaks, the cat is now out of the bag, and ATVriders.com diligently finishing up the complete review along with the videos and photos.

In the meantime, the Polaris Ranger Press Release is now on the Homepage along with some photos and specifications, and ATVriders.com, UTV Test Rider, Levi Merriman, is happy to answer any questions you may have about the Rzr

TYLER329
01-18-2007, 06:01 AM
Did the machine seam tippy? I know that you are sitting low but it still seems narrow.

TYLER329
01-18-2007, 06:30 AM
Also will it be available any time soon. I think it will be a good seller.

Outlaw 50
01-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Is this thing posi in the rear or does the diff unlock?

Will it pull the front wheels off the ground when you hit the throttle?

Is the top speed of 55mph governed by gearing or electronics?

Can the fuel injection be remapped to accept air and exhaust mods?

What is the water fording limit?

400grl
01-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Tippy? No.....it's got a nice low center of gravity, so even though it's 50" wide, it doesn't feel tippy....

NO, the wheels will not pull off the ground when you hit the throttle, at least not in the dirt.

I am not sure what the top speed is governed by - there wasn't a long enough straight area to top ours at in....

I can only assume the fuel injection is mapable, but that's not something they covered in our intro......

Water fording limit? The air intake is located behind and between the seats - I think your lap would be underwater before you would suck water........

They say it's supposed to be released around April.....

Not sure about Posi or diff lock - I know you can put it in AWD or in two wheel drive...........I'm sure when some specs are made available, it will be easy to find.

The speedo goes up to 70, if that helps at all.......perhaps that's it's potential once some mods are made.....

hasbeenttduner
01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
400grl.Could you compare it to your rhino when your rhino was stock?

Merriman
01-18-2007, 05:08 PM
The front and rear diffs are spooled. I would say that its as "tippy" as the rest of the UTV's. If your not careful, you will roll it. Speed is governed by the gearing. It will be available late spring for purchase......most likely look for them in the Summer since everything takes a little longer to come out.

Merriman
01-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I can compare it to a stock rhino. That will be in the full ride report coming soon!

Pappy
01-18-2007, 05:10 PM
how will it be priced as compared to the other UVT's?

whats 3 things you would change on it?

Merriman
01-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Pricing is MSRP $9,999.00 Most likely to be sold for a lot more on the west coast.

three things I would change immediately:

1. The CVT intake. There is no filter on the intake and it needs one. I've seen a few trashed CVTs due to dust and dirt getting in there.

2. Shocks. Although it rides nice at WOT, if your just cruising, it can be rather stiff and on longer rides become uncomfortable.

3. Its actually hard for me to think of three things with out going into large detail, but I feel that if this UTV gets pushed to it capabilities, the frame will need gussetted.

CHADHIX
01-18-2007, 06:06 PM
MSRP $9999.00

Scro
01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Is it pronounced R-Z-R, or razor?

Merriman
01-18-2007, 07:17 PM
RZR is pronounced Razor

400grl
01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Really? You thought it felt tippy? I mean...yeah, it can tip over if you aren't careful...but to me it didn't FEEL tippy. Some UTV's feel tippy just sitting still (cough - Prowler - cough)......lol!!! I thought the lower seats made it feel alot better......

I would compare it to my stock rhino, but I will let Merriman do that for you guys - I don't want to hijack his thread anymore than I already have!!! :)

By the way, Merriman - GREAT JOB on the Parker coverage!!! It was so thorough, and so well done - you really worked hard on it and it shows!! Thank you!!!

Merriman
01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Allow me to explain "tippy"

The Ranger RZR is much safer and more stable than the Prowler. Hands down! But I couldn't say it was more stable than the Rhino. Maybe because of my expierence in the Rhino, I know how it acts, but I must say that in the short time that I drove the RZR I adapted immediately to its characteristics, and could drive it as well as I do a Rhino. I think that is a big plus for it. And if you added some wider offset wheels and tires, the "tippyness" would be extinct.

Tyler25
01-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Power Commander makes a module for the Sportsman 800efi, 700efi, 500efi, Ranger XP 700efi.... I would think you could get one for the new Rzr

ramsfan
01-19-2007, 01:11 PM
here is a video link I saw online on the RZR

http://www.atvpress.com/atvvideos/atvmodels/polaris/polaris2008rangerrzr.wmv

Merriman
01-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Well I am headed to Laughlin, NV right now to check out the SCORE race. I'll be back on Sunday night to answer any other questions if needed. See ya!

weathermeister
01-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm a new guy on the block here. Seems to be a really good place for info.

With the new Rzr ready to hit the trails, has anybody heard what kind of gas mileage it gets?

Not really critical, but wondered.

ramsfan
01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by weathermeister
I'm a new guy on the block here. Seems to be a really good place for info.

With the new Rzr ready to hit the trails, has anybody heard what kind of gas mileage it gets?

Not really critical, but wondered.

dont really know havent thought much to look but I will and I will post when I do find out

gnib
01-23-2007, 11:46 AM
I want one for sure.

motox26
01-23-2007, 12:02 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is the first POOlaris I have really been interested in!!!:D

Here is the best review I have seen on it to date, and it has a video as well...RZR Review (http://www.atvconnection.com/Features/Buyers_Guide/Polaris/2008-Polaris-Ranger-RZR.cfm)

And here is where I found some good info too! Clicky (http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/11/threadid/510297.cfm)

ThePhantomRider
01-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info moto26, that was extremely informative!!!

TPR

jesshamner
01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm not impressed by the suspension but everything else gets a WOW!

01-23-2007, 08:17 PM

Merriman
01-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Gas Mileage: When I talked with the engineers and techs about the range of the RZR, they tolda me that if your on and off the gas at WOT, it would og around 100 miles. If your just cruising at half throttle or less, then you expect over that.

ramsfan
01-23-2007, 08:59 PM
thats what I was thinking but figured it might be better due to the lighter weight

TravEX
01-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Looks cool, can't wait to see more!