PDA

View Full Version : Opinions for me?

LurchNC
01-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi all.
Newby here and just want to say thanks to everyone who contributes here. I have recently been look for a quad and have learned a TON from ya'll on this site.

Here is my situation. I really want a quad, but haven't been on a bike in 15 years and never been on a quad. Most of you are probably thinking I should get an entry level bike and learn from there. I respect that opinion and agree that would be the "smartest" way to go, but I'm never been accused of being smart. LOL.

One of my problems is I'm kinda big (6'8" 280lbs). I'm really more interested in sport bikes rather that utilities. I went to the dealer today and got to sit on a few. The yzf 450 felt ok until I got on the Raptor 700. I felt very comfortable on it.

My question is there any reason I shouldn't start on the Raptor? Do you know anyone else who started on a high end bike? I would really not want to start on another bike and feel like I outgrew it in a few months.

Thanks so much for any replies.

tater_kamik
01-17-2007, 07:44 PM
as long as you know your limits, youll be ok. your a bigger guy so you will appreciate the torque. i say go for it!

01-17-2007, 09:37 PM
6/2 300 fits me just fine.You will love the power,its very smooth with the efi yet deceivingly fast so just watch that speed.Make sure you wear a fullface helmet and have fun.:D

LurchNC
01-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I definitly plan to stay within my limits and I budgeted plenty for my safety equipment as well. LOL. (helmet,goggles,boots and nerfs).

crayfz
01-18-2007, 03:31 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=274758

There alot of fun.

exboomer
01-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Get what you want. If you buy something smaller / slower you will end up regreting it and will lose money when you upgrade.

SandShark400
01-19-2007, 09:42 PM
yes, if your a big guy a 400ex wont get you around although if you were a little smaller and starting, it would be the perfect bike. if you really are a beginner, get a 660, less power and it will teach you how to turn and ride! The 700 spoiled me.