PDA

View Full Version : 250r carb problems

NTPracing22
09-24-2002, 04:38 PM
I've got a stock 86 250r carb. I am going to run PowerMist 110 octane fuel. i got a diff. jer to start running the fuel, i got a 145. the stock is a 150. but i rode it around and it sputtered still. so i switched back to my 150 and reg. pump gas. knowing that i needed a 140 jet.

so after i switched my jet and gas. the quad wouldn't start. i took the float out and they were kinda warped. one float was higher than the other. i fixed that then kicked it, it started, ran for about 4 seconds then shut off.
i kicked it again and it ran for about 2 seconds and shut off. then it wouldn't start back up. i figured the float got stuck.

i just put the carb back in after cleaning it out completely. it started, and ran, but anything more than 1/4 throttle it'd bog out and almost shut off.
what does this mean? i have a race sunday and hope to have it working. thanks lot
Wes

Bean
09-24-2002, 05:52 PM
is it possible u foulded the plug, sometimg is in the needle seal, or the main is clogged, or u changed your mix oil or mix ratio latly?

NTPracing22
09-25-2002, 04:11 AM
no it's a fresh plug. the mix hasn't changed either. i'm confused by this one

NTPracing22
09-25-2002, 01:45 PM
please help!!!

NTPracing22
09-27-2002, 06:46 AM
well i went out and messed around with the carb. i got nothing out of it. I was starting to get pissed. i sat on the tire and kinda pushed the kick start with my hand. i head sloshing-like liguid in the air filter
i took it off and looked in it, there was a piece of carbon fiber-a piece of my V-force reed! so that ws the problem, i'm on my way to pick up some new ones.
if this doesn't work i'm throwing it off a cliff, but i think it will

beerock
09-27-2002, 06:06 PM
yo the vforce reeds are known for breaking....

get some honda reeds....

or betteryet throw in a cr250 reeds and cage

if it does the same thing with the new reeds...........stalls after 1/4 throttle....

then the c lip on the needle is not on....

ESR250R
09-27-2002, 06:21 PM
i just went through the same thing u did. when i switched to 110 octane it would run like crap at wot. i read though some old archives and i noticed someone suggest to run a tighter plug gap, well i tried it and it worked, it now runs smooth.