PDA

View Full Version : custom fabrication/modification

PolarisRider06
01-17-2007, 02:44 PM
well i have access to a full chassis shop at my buddies place who builds custom drag cars and i was trying to think of ideas of what i should make/modify for my predator.

heres a few ideas i've came up with so far:
1. full aluminum skid plate
2. cut lower subframe arms down 1" (if you've sat on a predator you know the forward seating position thats caused by the high subframe)
3. extend my steering stem
4. chromoly handlebars, no clue how they'll hold up but would be fun to mess around with
5. oversize 1 1/8" bar clamp
6. get rid of PRO steering (make a new stem block and tierods)
7. front bumper
8. grab bar
9. nerf bars
10. aluminum air box/intake (if you've seen predator intakes you'll know why)
11. possibly an aluminum oil tank like HPD makes
12. custom seat brackets (make new front mount tab, use LTR style latch in the back and seat connected to fenders so it all comes off at once)
13. bar riser
14. switch/light mount pannel

01-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Well......what are U waiting for?

:)

PolarisRider06
01-17-2007, 02:59 PM
i'm waiting to get paid tomorrow so that i can pay for some of the materials.... lol...

anyone have any other random ideas of what i could build. doesn't have to be quad related.

Pipeless416
01-17-2007, 03:56 PM
possibly aluminum heel guards or new footpegs??

PolarisRider06
01-17-2007, 04:13 PM
i'm liking thae footpeg idea, i dont know why i didnt throw that onto my slist cause i was just lookin at some roll design pegs on ebay. i just got a set of aluminum DG nerfs with heelguards so idk about my nerf bar idea or your heelguard idea, maybe just make a set and sell them.

bluebaron
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
why put all that money in your quad if you want to sell it?

1fst400
01-17-2007, 07:19 PM
if you have a standard shift truck. make a shifter for it. :macho

firefighterjosh
01-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Buy a better quad and you will not have to worry about all those mods:blah:

JJ those all sounds great. What about some LT a - arms?

PolarisRider06
01-17-2007, 10:38 PM
i just want to make some stuff for a quad and right now i got the preddy so i'll make the stuff for it and if all else fails sell it on ebay, that way i'll have an idea of what i'll come across when i make stuff for other quads.

the a-arm idea crossed my mind but doing a set of LT a-arms with nothing to look at would be kinda hard.

PolarisRider06
01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
anyone else have any other ideas?

doesn't have to be quad related just cool stuff i can make out of metal.

i guess if i ever get my old ford pickup running i'll probably make a fabtech style front and rear bumper and a roll cage thats welded into the frame.... maybe even mess around with seeing what i can do for a 4 link rear setup... never know i guess

NPelletier
01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
ive always wanted to make a bumper:D

hartnett18
01-18-2007, 05:48 PM
instead of the cheap plastic puke tank under the left rear fender, make a sweet aluminum one. ive seen on on a pros bike looks like a lil rezzie. i just had some heelguards fabricated on my race bike ill post up some pics later...