PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein Prototypes

ThePhantomRider
01-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Found elswhere on this site are pictures of the prototype shocks Bilstein is developing for sport quads.

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2007bitd01parker250atvutvphotogallery/pages/Q10-bilstiens.html

TPR

ThePhantomRider
01-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Here's the picture

1fst400
01-17-2007, 06:56 PM
holy preload adjustments batman!

lol.

Seems like everyone wants a little bit of the atv market now a days.

ZSNOW
01-17-2007, 07:07 PM
doesn't look like much travel in the shock its self like 6 inches? i dunno looks really short amount to me...

honda250xrider
01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
i bet it has more travel than you think the quad is squating right now, when you raise up the front it should raise another 1in or two. Im really amazed they have a single spring that short

Colby@C&DRacing
01-18-2007, 08:21 AM
That 6 inchs of shaft travel is alot of wheel travel. I can't believe they are compressing that single spring that far without coil binding it :eek2:

TMSmx47
01-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Those things are sick man..Holy chit!!..lol!

ThePhantomRider
01-18-2007, 08:55 AM
These are very early prototypes, even the Billet resivoir holders are pretty much one off.

I would imagine that the final product will look similar, but there are changes to be made. Also, despite the look, they offered a full 12" of travel on this setup.

As for the springs, Bilstein is known to have some of the best patented internal valving control in the business, their approach is to have the springs do exactly what they are supposed to do, hold the quad up, and return the shock to it's extended position which allows for smaller and lighter springs. This in turn will allow for a much lighter shock, which I hear is almost as light as the Fox Float Evol. 3-4 spring setups are a way for a builder to make up for lack of proper valving, making the springs more important than the actual shock.

This is also a desert setup so they only need one spring but their motto is no more than 2 which would be for MX type setups.

These are still months away, but if you take the price of their non-rezzi shocks for a Rhino, available through retailers at $1300 for a set of four, expect alot of bang for your buck!!!

TPR